letsgoAces wrote:
Aces101 wrote:LaRavia is off the board - verbally committed to SIU-Edwardsville

Agree

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:36 am

I have to admit I was a bit stunned and disappointed when I learned of Jake's decision. I liked his game and believed given the circumstances surrounding the UE program I thought he would jump on this opportunity. You never know what a kid is thinking...perhaps he thought he would get more immediate playing time with the Cougars which is probably true.

Dixon is the guy I really want. He would come in and make a huge splash. The fact that the Shockers want him speaks volumes.

Had Jake not signed if Marty was still the coach I would bemoan this more. But with Walter and his staff they will just move on to the next guy, who might even be better.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 am

letsgoAces wrote:I have to admit I was a bit stunned and disappointed when I learned of Jake's decision. I liked his game and believed given the circumstances surrounding the UE program I thought he would jump on this opportunity. You never know what a kid is thinking...perhaps he thought he would get more immediate playing time with the Cougars which is probably true.

Dixon is the guy I really want. He would come in and make a huge splash. The fact that the Shockers want him speaks volumes.

Had Jake not signed if Marty was still the coach I would bemoan this more. But with Walter and his staff they will just move on to the next guy, who might even be better.

Maybe LaRavia is more realistic about his abilities relative to the McCarty signees than the easily excitable cheerleaders on this fan board. I think he made an excellent choice. He can be a star there.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:18 am

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:I have to admit I was a bit stunned and disappointed when I learned of Jake's decision. I liked his game and believed given the circumstances surrounding the UE program I thought he would jump on this opportunity. You never know what a kid is thinking...perhaps he thought he would get more immediate playing time with the Cougars which is probably true.

Maybe LaRavia is more realistic about his abilities relative to the McCarty signees than the easily excitable cheerleaders on this fan board. I think he made an excellent choice. He can be a star there.

Agree with this. Also, I don’t know where the 6’7” came from. Everything I have read on him has him at 6’5”. Not sure where he would get any PT here with Noah, Art, Cunliff, Riley, and both Newtons most likely in front of him. Truth is, that line up would be hard for any guard or wing to crack for PT next two years. No knock on the kid, and I wish him well, but time to move on and snatch a couple of bigs.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Ad1770 wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:

Agree with this. Also, I don’t know where the 6’7” came from. Everything I have read on him has him at 6’5”. Not sure where he would get any PT here with Noah, Art, Cunliff, Riley, and both Newtons most likely in front of him. Truth is, that line up would be hard for any guard or wing to crack for PT next two years. No knock on the kid, and I wish him well, but time to move on and snatch a couple of bigs.

Verblecommits.com, prepballstars.com, and maxpreps.com (Lawrence Central Roster) all list him at 6'7". I don't know how tall he is, I think there are bigger fish in the ocean.

Return to “Class of 2019”