2019 PG Thomasi Gilgeous Alexander

oldace
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Re: 2019 PG Thomasi Gilgeous Alexander

Postby oldace » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am

letsgoAces wrote:Walter is doing a great job of getting kids to visit that under past regimes would have never given UE the time of day. To be sure, high-level recruits are going to check out all their options, as they well should. Yes, I would like to see them sign right away. But I have no problem with a young man who wants to check out all his possibilities. Both sides have to be happy with their choice. I am no longer in the habit of short selling the Aces...it is entirely a unique program and school which has a lot to be proud of. Let a kid get a good look from places he is curious about - Evansville is a great place to be and hopefully some will see and understand that too.

Great Post

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:31 am

letsgoAces wrote:Walter is doing a great job of getting kids to visit that under past regimes would have never given UE the time of day. To be sure, high-level recruits are going to check out all their options, as they well should. Yes, I would like to see them sign right away. But I have no problem with a young man who wants to check out all his possibilities. Both sides have to be happy with their choice. I am no longer in the habit of short selling the Aces...it is entirely a unique program and school which has a lot to be proud of. Let a kid get a good look from places he is curious about - Evansville is a great place to be and hopefully some will see and understand that too.

Jake LaRavia announced he was going to Ind.St while on his visit.My post was for this reason,if a kid is impressed on a visit he will commit on the spot

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:54 am

muni cup14 wrote:Jake LaRavia announced he was going to Ind.St while on his visit.My post was for this reason,if a kid is impressed on a visit he will commit on the spot

Sometimes.

I hear what you are saying but there is so much more that goes into it. For example, the number of options that the kid has, etc.

fg4ster
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1986

Postby fg4ster » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:52 am

The options available are the main factor. We hear second hand that a player has such and such schools looking at him. But the player knows how serious schools are in recruiting him. Maybe LaRavia knew that Ind. St. was his best option available on the visit - (whether it was his top choice or not). I'd tell Gilgeous Alexander to his face to explore all his options. As much as I'd like to see him here, it's just not smart to make a decision like this before thinking it through. And I'd be even more excited about him if he chose us after taking some official visits to bigger-named schools. If these other schools want him, it shows he has legit D-1 talent. And if we're starting to beat those schools out in recruiting battles, it shows that this coaching staff can get the goods.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:44 am

muni cup14 wrote:

Jake LaRavia announced he was going to Ind.St while on his visit.My post was for this reason,if a kid is impressed on a visit he will commit on the spot

Mini cup, what you said, as other posters have mentioned, is sometime that is true. Certainly not always. I, hope, however, you are understanding the gist of what I had posted prior. Personally, in the case of Jake, I am not convinced that UE was still actively pursuing him.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 am

letsgoAces wrote:
muni cup14 wrote:

Mini cup, what you said, as other posters have mentioned, is sometime that is true. Certainly not always. I, hope, however, you are understanding the gist of what I had posted prior. Personally, in the case of Jake, I am not convinced that UE was still actively pursuing him.

You are correct,UE may have backed off Jake.Jake did say that Ind. ST.was the 1st school to contact him after he de-committed and offered him before his visit.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:59 am

muni cup14 wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:
muni cup14 wrote:

You are correct,UE may have backed off Jake.Jake did say that Ind. ST.was the 1st school to contact him after he de-committed and offered him before his visit.

Yes, thank you for getting back. Always enjoy your feedback. Jake sort of reminds me of what UE may already have with the same defensive liabilities. Considering whom the Aces are now trying to recruit, and with only have several scholarships available, I think UE has set their sights on higher ground.

youngacesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1999

Postby youngacesfan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Committing tomorrow at 6 eastern. With the recent tweets of Walter and coach Commodore, I have a good feeling

Ace78
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Ace78 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 pm

youngacesfan wrote:Committing tomorrow at 6 eastern. With the recent tweets of Walter and coach Commodore, I have a good feeling

Sounds good ... still hoping we can get Moreno!

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:06 pm

I like Aces chances

Return to “Class of 2019”