Sam De Vault Memorial High School

JoePurple
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1987

Re: Sam De Vault Memorial High School

Postby JoePurple » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:22 pm

I saw in the article about him that he also wants to be a physical therapist. It helps that UE offers his course of study.

tomace44
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1971

Postby tomace44 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Tom Servo wrote:And here is another reason I just have to shake my head sometimes when it comes to Marty Simmons.

http://www.courierpress.com/story/sport ... 103245284/

Plenty of other D1 schools already making contact and where is UE and Simmons??

As I was trolling twitter today I got on Sams page we follow each other I noticed coach Carson is following Sam

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:17 pm

Saw some highlights tonight of Sam scoring two buckets in a Memorial romp over another team. What I liked the most was how he stepped outside and buried a 3 pointer. A big man that can hit 3s is such a defensive nightmare/matchup. We were not lucky enough to get Jack Nunge but maybe we will be able to get Sam De Vault with all his family connections to UE.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 am

We can take it for what it's worth.My resources from Memorial says Sam is not interested in the Acesl.Hopefully they are wrong

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:05 am

This is a real head scratcher. I have spoken with the family and they were interested. Might not be anymore when they see interest from other conference schools and no contact from our staff.

I really try to give the benefit of the doubt to the staff, but it doesn’t make much sense to me.

oldace
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby oldace » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:20 pm

tomace44 wrote:
Tom Servo wrote:And here is another reason I just have to shake my head sometimes when it comes to Marty Simmons.

http://www.courierpress.com/story/sport ... 103245284/

Plenty of other D1 schools already making contact and where is UE and Simmons??

As I was trolling twitter today I got on Sams page we follow each other I noticed coach Carson is following Sam

Did I mention he follows Coach Harris

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:54 pm

I think its really early in the process for Sam and for UE. Sam appears to be a late bloomer. I know UE offered Hemmingway as a freshman for the heck of it and they may have several big's on the radar for 2019. Marty was at the Bosse vs Memorial game so he is looking at someone, or some two guys and one is not the lefty who is going to Miami. It's hard to say. I think if UE is interested in Sam, he will be interested in coming to the Aces.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Sam DeVault learning to be patient on the recruiting trail

https://amp.courierpress.com/amp/731312002?__twitter_impression=true

Local Memorial high school product "listed at 6-foot-10 with a solid shooting stroke"...He averaged 13.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game on 64 percent shooting for the Tigers.

Per Pat Hickey: "His mom works at UE, so he could potentially walk on and still have tuition paid for. 6-10 shooter from Memorial receiving mid-major looks entering July evaluation period."

Never seen the kid play but he would probably make a pretty good walk on if he was interested in playing D1 ball for his hometown. All of his current offers are low D1 (IUPUI and Western Illinois) or high D2 (USI or the University of Indianapolis).

NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1992

Postby NumbersDontLie » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:56 pm

Austin Ace wrote:Sam DeVault learning to be patient on the recruiting trail

https://amp.courierpress.com/amp/731312002?__twitter_impression=true

Local Memorial high school product "listed at 6-foot-10 with a solid shooting stroke"...He averaged 13.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game on 64 percent shooting for the Tigers.

Per Pat Hickey: "His mom works at UE, so he could potentially walk on and still have tuition paid for. 6-10 shooter from Memorial receiving mid-major looks entering July evaluation period."

Never seen the kid play but he would probably make a pretty good walk on if he was interested in playing D1 ball for his hometown. All of his current offers are low D1 (IUPUI and Western Illinois) or high D2 (USI or the University of Indianapolis).

That tweet by Hickey kinda rubbed me the wrong way. In five years I don’t remember any member of the media pointing out a (now former) UE employee’s son could have walked on for free as well. Then again we couldn’t give away all our scholarships as it was.

I really hope Sam is a fit for Coach McCarty’s system and wants to play at UE. But I wouldn’t blame him for one second if he took a scholarship elsewhere if UE doesn’t offer.

Return to “Class of 2019”