Sam De Vault Memorial High School

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Sam De Vault Memorial High School

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:56 am

If Marty was still the coach I would have been happy for us to sign Sam.Now with Walter being the coach,not upset that he signed elsewhere.Was going to be a preferred walk on with Walter,but a s cholly player for Marty. That is the difference of the recruits that we are looking at now

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:47 am

muni cup14 wrote:If Marty was still the coach I would have been happy for us to sign Sam.Now with Walter being the coach,not upset that he signed elsewhere.Was going to be a preferred walk on with Walter,but a s cholly player for Marty. That is the difference of the recruits that we are looking at now

Completely agree with you on all points. Walter getting a whole different level of recruit than Marty...Sam would not have played under this current regime. He should do well at Austin Peay...not a bad choice at all. Clarksville a nice town and not too far from home.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:26 am

Sam saw the talent come in this summer and wisely chose to commit early and get all the hubbub of recruiting behind him. Yes he should do well at AP. Not too far from home. Good mid major team and conference.

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Postby stl scooter » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:39 am

I am in favor of HC McCarty being VERY picky with the 3 remaining scholarships.

(Wow, I haven't had that kinda thought in a long time).
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:36 am

ACES have played APU, the last two seasons.
As well as the OVC tournament being held here.
So, no doubt he'll have the opportunity to play at The FC, in front of his home town fans more than a few times, in his college career.
Happy for him and his family.

ncace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:46 am

100% confident that Walt will fill the open schollys with talent that will keep our recruiting momentum going.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:38 pm

I don’t know much about Sam but you only have to look at who is recruiting who to get a feel. The days of a big time player being hidden from recruiters is long gone with the introduction of the internet and the ballooning of AAU programs.

I think Sam made the right choice in matching his talents to a school that will allow him to thrive both athletically and academically. I hope he will be successful at AP and have an enjoyable college experience.

Return to “Class of 2019”