2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1539
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm
Fan Since: 1969

Re: 2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:59 pm

My gut tells me if Marty is around when he graduates he will go to UE IF he develops into a D1 player.

If Marty departs and he meets the new coach and likes him, he may still go to UE. Lets hope we start winning and turn
the ship around and exceed expectations and don't have to worry about a new coach. Not gonna hold my breath but I am
not one to throw in the towel either. Go Aces ! Beat The Braves !!

User avatar
RiverCityAce
Ford Center Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:40 am
Fan Since: 1972

Noah Hupmann - Day School, Evansville,IN

Postby RiverCityAce » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Noah Hupmann 7-1 class of 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDO-9_d ... 47&list=WL

Is he related to Sasha Hupmann?

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 am
Fan Since: 1971

Re: Noah Hupmann - Day School, Evansville,IN

Postby Aces & Eights » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Sasha's son. I believe C&P did an article on him last winter.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:48 pm
Fan Since: 1970

Re: Noah Hupmann - Day School, Evansville,IN

Postby Austin Ace » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Aces & Eights wrote:Sasha's son. I believe C&P did an article on him last winter.

Day School sophomore Hupmann hopes to follow in father's footsteps

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/01/03/day-school-sophomore-hupmann-hopes-follow-fathers-footsteps/998870001/

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:35 pm
Fan Since: 1980

Re: 2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

Postby Aces101 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am


mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:43 pm
Fan Since: 1982

Re: 2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Aces101 wrote:https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/11/20/day-school-junior-noah-hupmann-now-7-footer/1892373002/


Two more years of high school and a redshirt year to get stronger yet he might be a legit prospect .

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1539
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm
Fan Since: 1969

Re: 2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:31 pm

mybigpurplebrain wrote:
Aces101 wrote:https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/11/20/day-school-junior-noah-hupmann-now-7-footer/1892373002/


Two more years of high school and a redshirt year to get stronger yet he might be a legit prospect .


Agree. Hopefully he works hard, picks up weight, stays healthy and develops some skills handed down by his father who was a super center for UE in he early to mid 90s. He is not in good health unfortunately.

I bet his his dad would want him to improve and be able to go to UE like he did so he can watch him play locally. If he can become good enough I bet Walter would love to have a 7 footer who could run the floor and hold his own.

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 490
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:48 pm
Fan Since: 1992

Re: 2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

Postby Aces44 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:47 pm

I was lucky enough to play some with his Dad.
Sascha is a great human being.

He was not polished when he came to UE however. In fact Sascha donated some money for the Athletic Weight Room after he graduated to upgrade the facility.
On the Pull Up Bar there was an inscription that read “From Project to Pro”.
If Noah has half the grit his father had he will be a great player eventually. Hard to say how it will turn out, but I for one, won’t be betting against him.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1539
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm
Fan Since: 1969

Re: 2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Aces44 wrote:I was lucky enough to play some with his Dad.
Sascha is a great human being.

He was not polished when he came to UE however. In fact Sascha donated some money for the Athletic Weight Room after he graduated to upgrade the facility.
On the Pull Up Bar there was an inscription that read “From Project to Pro”.
If Noah has half the grit his father had he will be a great player eventually. Hard to say how it will turn out, but I for one, won’t be betting against him.


That is great to hear. He really, really did improve over his four years. I always felt a number of Crew's players did improve. Dan Godfried is another example of that...work hard, get some good coaching and you can do it.

I had heard some of the same about Sascha and we all feel for him given his health as I am sure you do. Such a shame. I was at the Florida State game when we were up 7-0 and looked good after a few of his dunks....but then their athleticism and depth came into play and they took us down.

User avatar
Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 pm
Fan Since: 1991
Location: Evansville, IN

Re: 2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:23 am

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:
Aces44 wrote:I was lucky enough to play some with his Dad.
Sascha is a great human being.

He was not polished when he came to UE however. In fact Sascha donated some money for the Athletic Weight Room after he graduated to upgrade the facility.
On the Pull Up Bar there was an inscription that read “From Project to Pro”.
If Noah has half the grit his father had he will be a great player eventually. Hard to say how it will turn out, but I for one, won’t be betting against him.


That is great to hear. He really, really did improve over his four years. I always felt a number of Crew's players did improve. Dan Godfried is another example of that...work hard, get some good coaching and you can do it.

I had heard some of the same about Sascha and we all feel for him given his health as I am sure you do. Such a shame. I was at the Florida State game when we were up 7-0 and looked good after a few of his dunks....but then their athleticism and depth came into play and they took us down.


Well said, both posts. There are a number of Hupmann games out on YouTube from RiverCityAce. You can definitely see the lightyears of improvement from his first year to his last.

In regards to Noah Hupmann, he had a triple double last night against MTV I saw on Twitter. 22 pts, 12 rebounds and 14 blocks I believe.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!


Return to “Class of 2020”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests