2019 F Michael Moreno

acefan
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1962

Re: 2019 F Michael Moreno

Postby acefan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 pm

stl scooter wrote:I think the tweet refers to the spring evaluation period for HS juniors that will be seniors next year.

I think you are correct. That evaluation period is this weekend.

youngacesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1999

Postby youngacesfan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:55 pm

stl scooter wrote:I think the tweet refers to the spring evaluation period for HS juniors that will be seniors next year.

Yep which would also confirm they will get another player soon

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:32 pm

So the tweet was: "We only get one this spring, gotta make the most of it "

I would have expected the phrase
    We only get one more this spring,... if we were getting one more.
    And coincidentally we only have one scholarship next spring (if we use them all this year).
    And then you have the initial take by a lot on here (including myself) that this meant that we were only getting one this spring.

So bottom line in IMHO is that you could read this multiple ways.
We probably shouldn't speculate on this statement too much and just wait it out and maybe we are pleasantly surprised. Time will tell.

Go Aces!!!.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:59 pm

I think he means one spring evaluation period, nothing to do with a player. The coaches need to maximize how many kids they can see in a single eval period.

Ace78
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Ace78 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:16 pm

acefan wrote:

I agree. Obviously the coaching staff is trying to maximize their efforts this weekend. I'm going to remain optimistic about Moreno getting on board. It's already a stellar recruiting class that Coach McCarty and staff have assembled!

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Austin Ace wrote:So the tweet was: "We only get one this spring, gotta make the most of it "

I would have expected the phrase
    We only get one more this spring,... if we were getting one more.
    And coincidentally we only have one scholarship next spring (if we use them all this year).
    And then you have the initial take by a lot on here (including myself) that this meant that we were only getting one this spring.

So bottom line in IMHO is that you could read this multiple ways.
We probably shouldn't speculate on this statement too much and just wait it out and maybe we are pleasantly surprised. Time will tell.

Go Aces!!!.

Since no one else will, I will be the Debbie downer in the room. You say that we only have one scholarship next year, and while technically that is correct, we could have possibly four schollys available after this season as Sam, Art, and John are all redshirts. All three could possibly leave after this coming season.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:15 pm

You are correct that people could leave early (for the pros, etc). However, on paper (by the scholarship matrix) we will have only one scholarship available. Of course that is assuming that we pick up another recruit and we don’t lose anyone for whatever reason.
————
On another note: That does make sense on the one spring evaluation period and not one recruit. Thanks for clarifying and setting us straight. So hopefully Moreno is still in the mix.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:25 am

Ace78 wrote:
acefan wrote:

I agree. Obviously the coaching staff is trying to maximize their efforts this weekend. I'm going to remain optimistic about Moreno getting on board. It's already a stellar recruiting class that Coach McCarty and staff have assembled!

Yes, of course. We have only one senior on next year's team and the tweet was an obvious reference to that. Aces still in the running for Moreno. But I do wonder if they are still actively pursuing Demontay Dixon, or for that matter any of the transfers which have been spoken about.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:18 pm

Smits announced today he is transferring to Butler. There are still a number of 4-5 players out there still looking. I would rather grab a decent transfer now rather than still be looking next year.

Ace78
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Ace78 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:26 pm

Off topic from Michael Moreno, but I saw where Camron Justice committed to Western Kentucky.

Return to “Class of 2019”