Sam Cunliffe

rpyke
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 2003

Re: Sam Cunliffe

Postby rpyke » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:44 pm

I definitely love the idea of having the final visit. But the problem with final visits is for the player to make it here not committed to another University. Hope Sam makes it here and hears Walter out, because all of our other players praise what kind of person he is.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:49 pm

The best about the Cunliffe situation is that he is even considering the Aces. This would have never been the case with Marty, as he would not ever have considered going after a player with Cunliffe's history. No problem with Walter. If you don't go after such players, there is no chance of getting them. Sam may very well not become an Ace, but I sure do like the fact he is even considering them, and I like the fact that Walter has the stones to go after him.

ncace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Every time we bring in a recruit, it helps us get better. Hosting a recruit is not unlike a good bench coach orchestrating his game plan against a formidable opponent. You put your best effort out there, adjust as needed, etc. Sam has heard it all. Bobby Hurley, Bill Self, the whole works. I'm betting that we'll make a good impression, and it will help us in the long run to host, and hopefully land a recruit of Sam's ability. After seeing DeAndre and the guys at Aces steak night, I think we have some great young men on board. When you can see good guys already here, it really makes an impression. Then there's Walter. I would not be surprised if Sam lands here, but regardless, Walter and are to be commended for reaching out to him.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:02 am

Aces101 wrote:Come on everybody, flood this kids twitter account with supportive messages about him and our beloved Aces! He would be the highest rated kid to ever play for Evansville.

Of the three visits, we are last and can make the final impression. Roll out the red carpet for this kid. Let’s not let him leave Evansville until he commits. LOL

I am asking an honest question, and not picking at you in the least. When do you think "flooding" a kid's twitter account goes from supportive to creepish? IMO, "flooding" a kid's twitter can backfire very quickly.

Looking at twitter, it appears the Xavier fans think it is in the bag for them if that is the list.

ncace
Road Tripper

Postby ncace » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:25 am

If you read the background from yesterday, Cunliffe is quoted as saying the Coach Romar is is bud, and his best friend from HS just transferred to Pepperdine, and they talk every day. However, it's hard to predict what will happen. Don't know what he's really looking for.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:29 pm

E-Villan wrote:
Aces101 wrote:Come on everybody, flood this kids twitter account with supportive messages about him and our beloved Aces! He would be the highest rated kid to ever play for Evansville.

Of the three visits, we are last and can make the final impression. Roll out the red carpet for this kid. Let’s not let him leave Evansville until he commits. LOL

I am asking an honest question, and not picking at you in the least. When do you think "flooding" a kid's twitter account goes from supportive to creepish? IMO, "flooding" a kid's twitter can backfire very quickly.

Looking at twitter, it appears the Xavier fans think it is in the bag for them if that is the list.

Flooding his twitter account means all of us should send him a positive tweet to show our support of him and of the Aces. It doesn't hurt to brag about a program we love. I don't mean that each of us should bombard him or any other recruit. Kids read social media every day. Kids also want to feel supported. That's how fans can help in recruiting as long as they don't go overboard.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:55 pm

I don’t put much out there because I don’t use Twitter except to follow known UE recruits. Most of my tweets have been liked and retweeted and a few are now following me. I would say that I have not been intrusive or creep them out.

Just remember to read what you say and give it a little thought before sending. Everyone likes a little recognition just don’t overdo it.

Purplewarrior
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1976

Postby Purplewarrior » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Instead of flooding his Twitter account fans should up on campus.

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:18 pm

I'm not sure if anyone or maybe even everyone knows already.....But, Sam had/has his own Reality TV show.
No one has posted any links to it, so I will.
Take from it what you want.
I'll just add...….the last three or four minutes of episode #3, he kinda lays out his agenda. I rarely heard him say team. But, often, "me, my, I, next"...…
Perhaps, if he comes to UE, he'll bring this all along with him?
Guess, good promo can't hurt?
Will say, he does have skills and appears to be quite the athlete.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvLRGkqRf54
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2o2Kds00Vw
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaUsFhkDVoM

enjoy

ncace
Road Tripper

Postby ncace » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Washington didn't want him, even tho he's a home town guy with skills. Gonzaga would seem to be a good fit, if he chose to take the smaller, private school route, but they weren't on his list? My sense is that Romar gets him if they come to a meeting of the minds, and maybe that's best all around. A redshirt year can be diifficult, esp. If it's the second time around.

Return to “Class of 2019”