MBB Early Signing period

ncace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1969

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby ncace » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:08 am

I hope Walter has identified a couple of 4-5 guys to remake our frontcourt next year. Dixon would be great, and a year of JUCO could beef him up a bit. We need at least two guys who can bang inside. The second big could be more like DeAndre; flexible positions and capable of getting up and down. Our situation should be attractive to a C or PF. Lots of playing time, literally guaranteed to the right guys.

Not sure we need many more 6-3 guys, but a tough 6-6 like Moreno would be a plus. He was just offered by Maryland. I wonder about our chances since there's been little info lately on him, but he'd still be a great get, and I hope the staff is staying on him.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:52 am

While we worry that McCarty hasn't signed a big to replace Dainius one should note that Dainius didn't start the exhibition game. I have a suspicion that McCarty prefers quick athletic forwards who can drill 3s and slash to create defensive match-up problems for any team that anchors the lane with a slow big. The MVC isn't stocked with premier seven footers. They do have a few average ones. All in all, I would forget the Marty paradigm. Besides, I recall that many here were saying that UE should spread the floor and cause the opponents to play out of their comfort zones instead of trying to conform to the other team's strengths. I like the Deandre/Cunliffe template. Let's sign a few more.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Tomorrow starts the early signing period Perhaps we'll have the answer to what Lance was so Giddy(pun intended) about

Will Walter sign anyone during this week or will he use 1 ..2..or all 4 of his scholly.

Looking for more good news this coming week

Recruit alert for Thursday and Sunday games

:shockue: :shockue: :shockue: :shockue: :shockue: :shockue:
Get on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:13 pm

If Dixon signs all purple aces fans need to meet at Deer Head for pizza and suds.

MdEspenlaub
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1965

Postby MdEspenlaub » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:10 am

I heard , a high school kid 6'9" is graduating mid term, and will enroll at UE at that time. Thats all I know , sorry.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:19 am

MdEspenlaub wrote:I heard , a high school kid 6'9" is graduating mid term, and will enroll at UE at that time. Thats all I know , sorry.

So far you have been dead on correct on everything you've posted so I definitely believe you, that would be good news. I assume they would be able to play at the start of the 2nd semester? Any of the rule guys on here know how that works?
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:08 am

Tom Servo wrote:
MdEspenlaub wrote:I heard , a high school kid 6'9" is graduating mid term, and will enroll at UE at that time. Thats all I know , sorry.

So far you have been dead on correct on everything you've posted so I definitely believe you, that would be good news. I assume they would be able to play at the start of the 2nd semester? Any of the rule guys on here know how that works?

Not 100% on the rules, but I don’t believe he can unless he was reclassified for this year. Someone help me here?
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

PurpleRain
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 2010

Postby PurpleRain » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 am

Tom Servo wrote:

I know nothing of the rules but I would assume the plan would be to practice with the team this season, then he’d be prepared/ready to roll next season. He’d have to be one heck of an athlete to play much right away. He needs time to adjust and learn Walter’s system. Just my 2 cents.

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Postby stl scooter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:23 am

The rule used to be: If a player plays in the second semester, it would count as a full year. They could decide to redshirt and have 4 full years remaining (beginning next year).
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

AcesChamps6571
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby AcesChamps6571 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:56 am

stl scooter wrote:The rule used to be: If a player plays in the second semester, it would count as a full year. They could decide to redshirt and have 4 full years remaining (beginning next year).

Exactly! Why burn your first year of eligibility on the final two months? Better to get acclimated to college, and Walter's system, and have 4 full years to play.

Return to “Class of 2019”