MBB Early Signing period

User avatar
stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:58 am
Fan Since: 1987
Location: Vanderburgh County, Earth

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby stl scooter » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:37 am

If we want the Aces to be a contender every year, the coaches will need to offer more positions / scholarships that are available. We (as fans) need to be prepared for some players not coming back before their eligibility expires.
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

SI_Acesfan
Road Tripper
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:35 pm
Fan Since: 1967

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby SI_Acesfan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:39 am

*It would not surprise me if there is another recruit (unknown to us) that suddenly pops up out of the blue and we sign.

*Need #1 is replacing DC. Need #2 is replacing Becker. We can already sense/see our lack of front court depth being a problem for us this season. We are in pretty good shape with guards/wings/tweeners, with Henderson, Cunliffe, and Labinowicz coming in. Also, Walter has stated publicly that John Hall can play the 1-5 slots for him...."Need" >> "Want".

*Elijah Height's coach has a less than stellar record with us already. DeAndre's eligibility issue, Hurley, and Silva..the "game changer" that was not picked up by anybody....all players associated with this coach. Doubling down on the vetting process is a must.

*Once our needs are filled, it may be prudent to hold onto one scholarship for another high-quality transfer. But it's hard to even speculate until next spring rolls around.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:29 pm

SI_Acesfan wrote:*It would not surprise me if there is another recruit (unknown to us) that suddenly pops up out of the blue and we sign.

*Need #1 is replacing DC. Need #2 is replacing Becker. We can already sense/see our lack of front court depth being a problem for us this season. We are in pretty good shape with guards/wings/tweeners, with Henderson, Cunliffe, and Labinowicz coming in. Also, Walter has stated publicly that John Hall can play the 1-5 slots for him...."Need" >> "Want".

*Elijah Height's coach has a less than stellar record with us already. DeAndre's eligibility issue, Hurley, and Silva..the "game changer" that was not picked up by anybody....all players associated with this coach. Doubling down on the vetting process is a must.

*Once our needs are filled, it may be prudent to hold onto one scholarship for another high-quality transfer. But it's hard to even speculate until next spring rolls around.
I


I am not sure of what the concern of Elijah's coach has to do with anything. Eligibility issues concerning Deandre and Hurely rest squarely on the shoulders of Evansville, and Roman Silva was never offered by the Aces. Not sure if he was injured or ineligible, or something else.

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:43 pm
Fan Since: 1982

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:20 pm

letsgoAces wrote:
SI_Acesfan wrote:*It would not surprise me if there is another recruit (unknown to us) that suddenly pops up out of the blue and we sign.

*Need #1 is replacing DC. Need #2 is replacing Becker. We can already sense/see our lack of front court depth being a problem for us this season. We are in pretty good shape with guards/wings/tweeners, with Henderson, Cunliffe, and Labinowicz coming in. Also, Walter has stated publicly that John Hall can play the 1-5 slots for him...."Need" >> "Want".

*Elijah Height's coach has a less than stellar record with us already. DeAndre's eligibility issue, Hurley, and Silva..the "game changer" that was not picked up by anybody....all players associated with this coach. Doubling down on the vetting process is a must.

*Once our needs are filled, it may be prudent to hold onto one scholarship for another high-quality transfer. But it's hard to even speculate until next spring rolls around.
I


I am not sure of what the concern of Elijah's coach has to do with anything. Eligibility issues concerning Deandre and Hurely rest squarely on the shoulders of Evansville, and Roman Silva was never offered by the Aces. Not sure if he was injured or ineligible, or something else.


Silva is playing JUCO in California . San Bernardino college. Had 28 and 13 the other night.

rpyke
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:55 am
Fan Since: 2003

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby rpyke » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:43 pm


mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:43 pm
Fan Since: 1982

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:29 pm

letsgoAces wrote:
SI_Acesfan wrote:*It would not surprise me if there is another recruit (unknown to us) that suddenly pops up out of the blue and we sign.

*Need #1 is replacing DC. Need #2 is replacing Becker. We can already sense/see our lack of front court depth being a problem for us this season. We are in pretty good shape with guards/wings/tweeners, with Henderson, Cunliffe, and Labinowicz coming in. Also, Walter has stated publicly that John Hall can play the 1-5 slots for him...."Need" >> "Want".

*Elijah Height's coach has a less than stellar record with us already. DeAndre's eligibility issue, Hurley, and Silva..the "game changer" that was not picked up by anybody....all players associated with this coach. Doubling down on the vetting process is a must.

*Once our needs are filled, it may be prudent to hold onto one scholarship for another high-quality transfer. But it's hard to even speculate until next spring rolls around.
I


I am not sure of what the concern of Elijah's coach has to do with anything. Eligibility issues concerning Deandre and Hurely rest squarely on the shoulders of Evansville, and Roman Silva was never offered by the Aces. Not sure if he was injured or ineligible, or something else.


First post on first page of Silva’s thread says he was offered. I don’t think he wanted to leave California.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:42 pm

mybigpurplebrain wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:
SI_Acesfan wrote:*It would not surprise me if there is another recruit (unknown to us) that suddenly pops up out of the blue and we sign.

*Need #1 is replacing DC. Need #2 is replacing Becker. We can already sense/see our lack of front court depth being a problem for us this season. We are in pretty good shape with guards/wings/tweeners, with Henderson, Cunliffe, and Labinowicz coming in. Also, Walter has stated publicly that John Hall can play the 1-5 slots for him...."Need" >> "Want".

*Elijah Height's coach has a less than stellar record with us already. DeAndre's eligibility issue, Hurley, and Silva..the "game changer" that was not picked up by anybody....all players associated with this coach. Doubling down on the vetting process is a must.

*Once our needs are filled, it may be prudent to hold onto one scholarship for another high-quality transfer. But it's hard to even speculate until next spring rolls around.
I


I am not sure of what the concern of Elijah's coach has to do with anything. Eligibility issues concerning Deandre and Hurely rest squarely on the shoulders of Evansville, and Roman Silva was never offered by the Aces. Not sure if he was injured or ineligible, or something else.


First post on first page of Silva’s thread says he was offered. I don’t think he wanted to leave California.


Yes, the thread said so. But Verbal commits and every scouting service I read had nothing of Evansville extending an offer to him. It would seem by his choice of attending a juco academic eligibility may have been an issue. I followed him closely on twitter and we exchanged tweets. Though I cannot be conclusive, I knew the Aces at one time had interest, but never offered him. Glad to see he is playing and putting up good numbers. I think he is a talent but not sure he would fit in with Coach McCarty's up style of play.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:35 pm
Fan Since: 1980

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby Aces101 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:51 pm

With LaRavia off the board, we need to land Newton, Dixon, and Height. If not Height, what about bringing in Silva if he’s interested, motivated to play D1, willing to leave California, and assuming Walter is still interested.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:35 pm
Fan Since: 1977

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Aces101 wrote:With LaRavia off the board, we need to land Newton, Dixon, and Height. If not Height, what about bringing in Silva if he’s interested, motivated to play D1, willing to leave California, and assuming Walter is still interested.


Several players we've signed were never on this purple board. I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed to see a few more. I do expect Tristen to join his brother and am pretty sure that it has been a two-fer from day one.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:35 pm
Fan Since: 1980

Re: MBB Early Signing period

Postby Aces101 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:05 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
Aces101 wrote:With LaRavia off the board, we need to land Newton, Dixon, and Height. If not Height, what about bringing in Silva if he’s interested, motivated to play D1, willing to leave California, and assuming Walter is still interested.


Several players we've signed were never on this purple board. I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed to see a few more. I do expect Tristen to join his brother and am pretty sure that it has been a two-fer from day one.


Agree 100% about Tristen - would become a great SG in Walter’s System.


Return to “Class of 2019”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot] and 2 guests