Pitt transfer Peace Ilegmah

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Pitt transfer Peace Ilegmah

Postby stl scooter » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:51 pm

On a visit to UE today.
6'10" 235#
Hasn't played much at Pitt 23 games last year and 7 this year.
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Re: Pitt transfer Peace Ilegmah

Postby AcesHigh » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Seems to me that our prospects for a P-5 center during the Spring signing period are pretty low right now and we have no one currently in t,he fold. However the thought of having a transfer from a P-5 school such as Pitt and having Deandre Williams, John Hall and Evan Kuhlman ready to plug the middle we should all be encouraged. I hope to see him on the Aces roster soon.

Aces12
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces12 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:38 pm

I have heard rumors that he gave verbal not sure he has signed. Pat also mentioned two other recruits in yesterday as well. Great game to have recruits in attendance

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:45 pm

He is a project for sure...but a big one. Has a 7'4 inch wing span. Pitt fans are happy he is leaving. He is a raw talent but if the Aces land him he would greatly benefit from a redshirt year under the guidance of this coaching staff.

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Postby GoAcesgo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:54 pm

letsgoAces wrote:He is a project for sure...but a big one. Has a 7'4 inch wing span. Pitt fans are happy he is leaving. He is a raw talent but if the Aces land him he would greatly benefit from a redshirt year under the guidance of this coaching staff.

Would he be available 2nd semester next year?

youngacesfan
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1999

Postby youngacesfan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 pm

GoAcesgo wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:He is a project for sure...but a big one. Has a 7'4 inch wing span. Pitt fans are happy he is leaving. He is a raw talent but if the Aces land him he would greatly benefit from a redshirt year under the guidance of this coaching staff.

Would he be available 2nd semester next year?

Yes

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Based on articles I have read about him he only started playing basketball in 2014 (I believe) so he has limited offensive skills. I’m sure the Pitt fans glad to see him leave were disappointed he couldn’t score 30 ppg.

His skills are defense and rebounding which probably comes from him playing soccer most of his life. He is said to have excellent foot work and timing for blocking shots. My opinion is we have plenty of scorers in the near future but we don’t have interior defense and rebounding in the 5 spot.

Seeing how DC has improved all his skills since McCarty and staff arrived I would expect the same with this kid. He came out of Montverde Academy in Florida which plays nationally at a very high level and has practiced daily and played against the best the ACC has to offer. On top of this he was strong academically at Pitt.

Looking at the total package I don’t see how we can lose if he chooses to come to Evansville.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:20 pm

AcesHigh wrote:Based on articles I have read about him he only started playing basketball in 2014 (I believe) so he has limited offensive skills. I’m sure the Pitt fans glad to see him leave were disappointed he couldn’t score 30 ppg.

His skills are defense and rebounding which probably comes from him playing soccer most of his life. He is said to have excellent foot work and timing for blocking shots. My opinion is we have plenty of scorers in the near future but we don’t have interior defense and rebounding in the 5 spot.

Seeing how DC has improved all his skills since McCarty and staff arrived I would expect the same with this kid. He came out of Montverde Academy in Florida which plays nationally at a very high level and has practiced daily and played against the best the ACC has to offer. On top of this he was strong academically at Pitt.

Looking at the total package I don’t see how we can lose if he chooses to come to Evansville.

I would think worse case scenario would be a decent backup at the 5.

ncace
Bobblehead Owner

Postby ncace » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:50 pm

I guess if all went well, he would enroll for Spring semester, practice with team immediately, then become eligible to play January 2020? I'm not sure how we could pass on this guy. Obviously, he has to fit Walter's vision, but as another poster said, there are not a lot of 6-10's out there that have P-5 potential. A lot of them that fall to mid-major status are projects of some kind. I like the academics, and with a year of team practice, I could see this guy making a real difference for the Aces.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:59 pm

I just want to hear our PA guy holler out “PEACE!!!” Any time he scores. That would be great.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Return to “Class of 2019”