Pitt transfer Peace Ilegmah

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Re: Pitt transfer Peace Ilegmah

Postby AcesHigh » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Ad1770 wrote:I just want to hear our PA guy holler out “PEACE!!!” Any time he scores. That would be great.

How about “Peace with a flush”

Aces & Cardinals 16
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 2006

Postby Aces & Cardinals 16 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Pat Hickey (@patmhickey) response about Peace to another on Twitter:
9h9 hours ago
I believe he committed, but his Twitter is private. Haven't seen any other type of announcement.

If he has indeed committed, good to see for the ACES! :D

NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1992

Postby NumbersDontLie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 am

Not the most ringing endorsement of his former coach:

Jeff Capel on Pitt's rebounding after Peace Ilegomah's departure:

“The guy we lost didn’t rebound for us. That’s the truth. It’s not a knock. It’s not like he was playing a lot. You hate to see anyone leave and you wish him well, but rebounding is huge for us, period.”

Still, you can’t teach 6’10 with a 7’4 wingspan. A low-risk, high-potential pick up. Worth a shot.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:53 am

NumbersDontLie wrote:Not the most ringing endorsement of his former coach:

“The guy we lost didn’t rebound for us. That’s the truth. It’s not a knock. It’s not like he was playing a lot. You hate to see anyone leave and you wish him well, but rebounding is huge for us, period.”

Still, you can’t teach 6’10 with a 7’4 wingspan. A low-risk, high-potential pick up. Worth a shot.

I agree. I would bet that Wallter being the same body size and length as Peace when a collegiate player can relate better with him than Jeff Capel. Hope to see him in an Aces uniform.

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:54 am

NumbersDontLie wrote:Not the most ringing endorsement of his former coach:

Kid plays 32 minutes in 10 games for him (3.2 average), and then when he leaves, the coach wants to knock him for it (sorry, the coach said it wasn’t a knock.)

Sounds like sour grapes because a kid he wanted to keep decided to leave for a better opportunity somewhere else, whether that would have been here or somewhere else. He flat out knocked the kid. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I sure hope we get a chance to play Pitt while this young man is here so he has the opportunity to show Capel how he “doesn’t rebound” for us either.

You’re right. Can’t teach 6’10”, but coach is, and can teach this young man how to play with that frame. Great get.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:06 am

According to MDEspenlaub, this kid has now signed with us. Any confirmation? HUGE GET if true!!

Adding 6’10 Ilegomah, 6’9” Williams, 6’6” Cunliffe, and 6’5” Labinowicz will really change the look of the Aces next year.

ncace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:25 am

Capel could have just wished him well, he just said a bit too much. Fact is that Peace was a Kevin Stallings recruit, Capel has a couple of bigs on the hook for next year, and he wants to win NOW, with players who can play now, rather than work with a project.

With a year to help him develop, we could be getting a diamond in the rough.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:19 am

Despite landing at a power 5 school Peace was not heavily recruited. SLU and DePaul were the next top offers he had received before he accepted a scholarship from then Pitt head coach, Kevin Stallings. I like Coach Stallings but he flopped miserably for the Panthers and got fired after only 2 seasons. I am sure he knew Peace would be a project.

I do believe the coaching staff the Aces have are also good teachers as well. Peace, it would seem, would greatly benefit from a redshirt year. If he decides to come to Evansville, this could potentially be a better fit. I am not expecting miracles, but I have seen plenty of instances of kids getting a fresh start into a different system and becoming much better than before. I hope that will be the case for him if he choses the Aces.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:34 am

I remember reading an article about Peace transferring that quoted a Pitt statement probably from the Coach that the team is going to be awfully thin on the front line now. This hardly sounds like a coach who was glad he was leaving because he couldn’t rebound. Sounds more like sour grapes that his team will be weak until new recruits arrive next year.

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Postby GoAcesgo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:42 am

https://youtu.be/38b2lt1KAJU

https://youtu.be/M7QwDaWMPlY

I think he will be D.C.'s replacement.

It will be easier to rebound in the MVC.

He hasn't played for a few weeks, I assume he will be available second semester next year.

Return to “Class of 2019”