2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Re: 2020 IN C Noah Hupmann

Postby muni cup14 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:28 am

What is everyone's opinion on Noah being able to
fit into Walters system.Is he fast enough for the transition aspect of our offense and so on.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:12 am

muni cup14 wrote:What is everyone's opinion on Noah being able to
fit into Walters system.Is he fast enough for the transition aspect of our offense and so on.

I am hopeful to get by and see this kid play a couple of times this season. Personally, I would be more concerned about his weight at this point, but that has a couple of years to work itself out. Also, is he the total package? This I would like to see personally instead of high lights on a tape.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:58 pm

Ad1770 wrote:
muni cup14 wrote:What is everyone's opinion on Noah being able to

I am hopeful to get by and see this kid play a couple of times this season. Personally, I would be more concerned about his weight at this point, but that has a couple of years to work itself out. Also, is he the total package? This I would like to see personally instead of high lights on a tape.

My opinion is it is way too early to tell. This kid has grown so much so fast and even his dad was not fully ready for DI ball when he was a college freshman. I would say a year from now we will have a much better idea.

The question about "Walter's System" is a good one as well. If the player cannot run the floor and shoot from 3 he may not be a priority. However, if we cannot rebound the basketball and defend the paint, we can't run either. When his dad was an Ace and defending the paint, no opponent was able to get off any shot in the paint with his long wing span and size. It was great to have a center like him back when we had other solid pieces as well, thus we made the tournament and finished near top of the conference a number of times.

Return to “Class of 2020”