2021 IN PG Khristian Lander - Does UE have any chance?

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

2021 IN PG Khristian Lander - Does UE have any chance?

Postby Austin Ace » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:59 pm

Khristian Lander is the #1 ranked point guard in the entire country. He is just starting his junior year of high school and is being recruited by all of the best teams in the country. He was just on an official visit to IU last weekend.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-official-visit-primer-class-of-2021-point-guard-khristian-lander/

Does UE have any chance? Walter’s offense would seem ideal for him and he could stay home so that family and friends could come to all of his games. But I realize that competing against the top teams in the country on the recruiting trail is a daunting task. I hope that Evansville is at least keeping in contact.

Thoughts?

AcesHigh
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1954

Re: 2021 IN PG Khristian Lander - Does UE have any chance?

Postby AcesHigh » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:40 pm

No chance in my opinion.

youngacesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1999

Postby youngacesfan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:27 pm

Probably not but why not try

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:49 am

From what I hear from those who follow Reitz basketball closely he has no interest in the Aces.
Whether he changes his mind later, who knows. Walter has spoken to him. In reality, lander is strictly a long shot.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:36 am

letsgoAces wrote:From what I hear from those who follow Reitz basketball closely he has no interest in the Aces.
Whether he changes his mind later, who knows. Walter has spoken to him. In reality, lander is strictly a long shot.

As a class of '55 Reitz grad I had to see the Reitz-Jasper game last year in the state tournament. Don't get me wrong as I think that Lander will be the best player to ever come out of Reitz, but I was not overly impressed with him in that game. I know he was only a Soph. last year, and I'm sure he will improve over these next 2 years, but I have seen some articles that have him listed as the best PG in the nation. I wouldn't rate him that high at this point, but you never know just how much a 16-17 year old can, and will improve. If the Panthers can get some other players around him, and they can overcome their coach, they may finally get that state championship that has slipped through their hands a couple of times in the past. (Maybe it will make up for the worst Reitz football team I have ever seen this year.)

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:38 am

acecard wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:From what I hear from those who follow Reitz basketball closely he has no interest in the Aces.

As a class of '55 Reitz grad I had to see the Reitz-Jasper game last year in the state tournament. Don't get me wrong as I think that Lander will be the best player to ever come out of Reitz, but I was not overly impressed with him in that game. I know he was only a Soph. last year, and I'm sure he will improve over these next 2 years, but I have seen some articles that have him listed as the best PG in the nation. I wouldn't rate him that high at this point, but you never know just how much a 16-17 year old can, and will improve. If the Panthers can get some other players around him, and they can overcome their coach, they may finally get that state championship that has slipped through their hands a couple of times in the past. (Maybe it will make up for the worst Reitz football team I have ever seen this year.)

Big blue class of 92. And don’t get me started on their football team for this year.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:48 am

Ad1770 wrote:
acecard wrote:

Big blue class of 92. And don’t get me started on their football team for this year.

A football team without a quarterback is like a baseball team without a pitcher. And don't get me started on the basketball coach. He has a pretty good record, but not in games that really count.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:01 pm

I don't follow Reitz basketball all that closely anymore. The only teams I remember having any success came when Jim Barnet was the coach. Coach Adams has made some mistakes along the way,((all coaches do) but it would seem his overall resume with a school known much more for it's football than basketball has done amazingly well. Not sure many of his peers coaching presently in Evansville have done as well, I don't think.

stennisrm72
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1964

Postby stennisrm72 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:22 am

As a class of '55 Reitz grad I had to see the Reitz-Jasper game last year in the state tournament. Don't get me wrong as I think that Lander will be the best player to ever come out of Reitz, but I was not overly impressed with him in that game. I know he was only a Soph. last year, and I'm sure he will improve over these next 2 years, but I have seen some articles that have him listed as the best PG in the nation. I wouldn't rate him that high at this point, but you never know just how much a 16-17 year old can, and will improve. If the Panthers can get some other players around him, and they can overcome their coach, they may finally get that state championship that has slipped through their hands a couple of times in the past. (Maybe it will make up for the worst Reitz football team I have ever seen this year.)[/quote]

I saw him play against Mater Dei last season and I too was not overly impressed with him. Like you say, he'll just be a junior this year so lots of time for improvement. If he's not interested I wouldn't waste any effort on him.

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am

Reminds me of a young Kenny Anderson, when he dominated the NYC high school league, before signing with Tech.
He'll play where ever he wants for one season, before going to The NBA.
Unless, if before he graduates, in two years, they change the rules. Then he'll collect the Benjamin's at 18.
Nice to see The ACES pursue Khristian.
But, I feel it might be waste of time & effort.

Return to “Class of 2021”