Discussions of all the Aces sports
6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Re: Game Thread: Aces at SIU

Postby 6th man » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:49 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
JohnU wrote:
I prefer, as a fan, to hang onto the notion that they are 'better enough' that they can build on that. The old story: The good news is we got 6 guys coming back next year; the bad news is, nobody wants to replace them.

Nobody? You had to reach deep for that nugget.

I'm with Whiskers
Get on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 pm

:D
Get on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

Vampire Five
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1962

Postby Vampire Five » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 am

NewburghAces wrote:I’m not going to overthink this. Yes, the 2018-2019 Aces are usually going to lose the battle of the boards and commit several silly, unforced errors. I hoped 3-point shooting from Kuhlman, Feehan and Frederking would help neutralize the team’s deficiencies. It hasn’t happened.

From 3-point range, Kuhlman – 30.6%; Feehan – 34.6%; and Frederking – 35.8%. Together, they are shooting about 34%. I imagine these % are worse over only MVC games.

Feehan looks extremely rushed. Kuhlman and Frederking do not appear confident.

The truth is, The Aces don’t have one D-1 caliber player on the floor this year.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:34 am

Here's a thought,Walt said OK is basically OK is wore out as of now.Now going into the last 1 or 2 games.If our position in the conference can't get any better than 9 or 10,would you sit KJ and 1 more player the last game to try and freshen them up.

purpleredbird
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1984

Postby purpleredbird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:52 am

Vampire Five wrote:
NewburghAces wrote:I’m not going to overthink this. Yes, the 2018-2019 Aces are usually going to lose the battle of the boards and commit several silly, unforced errors. I hoped 3-point shooting from Kuhlman, Feehan and Frederking would help neutralize the team’s deficiencies. It hasn’t happened.

From 3-point range, Kuhlman – 30.6%; Feehan – 34.6%; and Frederking – 35.8%. Together, they are shooting about 34%. I imagine these % are worse over only MVC games.

The truth is, The Aces don’t have one D-1 caliber player on the floor this year.

Holy overstatement batman!!! :D :D :D :D

I do agree that depth of talent is an issue for UE this year, but I would certainly take KJ, John, Shamar, and Jawaun on my D1 roster for next season. Noah and Evan remind me a lot of Isaac Gassman as ISU. Not going to take over any games against decent teams, but a great guy to have on the bench in case you need him for spot duty or if injuries occur.

PurpleAces
Road Tripper

Postby PurpleAces » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:55 am

Vampire Five wrote:

Congratulations you won the dumbest comment of the year award.

PurpleAces
Road Tripper

[Split from] Aces at SIU game thread

Postby PurpleAces » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:17 am

I have said this before we are thin this year. This is a rebuilding year. If people can't understand that they probably shouldn't be posting on here. This will be the same people who will be on here next year praising this team. I will remember who those are and will be calling them out next year including yourself.

youngacesfan
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1999

Postby youngacesfan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 am

PurpleAces wrote:I have said this before we are thin this year. This is a rebuilding year. If people can't understand that they probably shouldn't be posting on here. This will be the same people who will be on here next year praising this team. I will remember who those are and will be calling them out next year including yourself.

I'll be there with you

Acepurple71
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Acepurple71 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 am

Many of those pissing and moaning are fair weather fans. They want results today, not tomorrow. I know we have had many years of mediocrity and want results. We got them not give Walter a chance and quit bitching about everything.

PurpleWhiskers
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:50 am

Acepurple71 wrote:Many of those pissing and moaning are fair weather fans. They want results today, not tomorrow. I know we have had many years of mediocrity and want results. We got them not give Walter a chance and quit bitching about everything.

I'm with you. And a lot of the fair weather fans have short memories. They predicted a mediocre building year even before it was known that the two 6-9s, Will Becker and Deandre Williams, wouldn't be playing. In some ways I think this roster of newbies and poor shooters has overachieved. All things considered, 12 to 13 wins is a good first year for Walter.

Return to “The Aces”