USI New Arena-Move to D-1?

Discussions of all the Aces sports
svmar10
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1965

Re: USI New Arena-Move to D-1?

Postby svmar10 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:20 am

I enjoyed very much talking to the NWMS fans during the DII elite 8.

“This area a is outstanding” - thanks
“Who plays here.” - Purple Aces
“Division 1? - yep, MVC, Walter McCarty
“We might go undefeated” -look up in the rafters, been there done that
“We have a great coach” - how come no D1 teams come after him?

If you,d told me in 1971 that ISUE was still DII in 2019, I’d said......huh?

Aceup13
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1998

Postby Aceup13 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Who cares USI is a joke and is basically the equivalent of high school for adults. If they go D1 we’ll just have to drive them into the ground

Acescott
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Acescott » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Previous comment has no business on this site in my opinion.

bikerace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1963

Postby bikerace » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Acescott wrote:Previous comment has no business on this site in my opinion.

YOU ARE 100pct correct it was an idiotic post. We should support USI and in return i would hope they would support UE . I am a 43 year season ticket holder and a 20 year USI season ticket holder and want nothing but the best for both teams. If fans from both schools would try to go see both schools play it would help fill both arena's and that's what both teams should want. Also the players from both school's play with and against each other during the summer, i have watched them play at UE and at Usi and it makes for good practice for each team. Contrary to what most fans think they pull for each other to win.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:18 pm

bikerace wrote:

YOU ARE 100pct correct it was an idiotic post. We should support USI and in return i would hope they would support UE . I am a 43 year season ticket holder and a 20 year USI season ticket holder and want nothing but the best for both teams. If fans from both schools would try to go see both schools play it would help fill both arena's and that's what both teams should want. Also the players from both school's play with and against each other during the summer, i have watched them play at UE and at Usi and it makes for good practice for each team. Contrary to what most fans think they pull for each other to win.

Agreed
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Tom Servo wrote:
bikerace wrote:

Agreed

As well. I don't like the saltiness of any of our fans toward them anymore than I do those idiots on the D-2 boards towards UE.

In the current state, I would like nothing more than UE winning the D1 championship and USI winning the D-2 one. Unless they were playing UE, I would root for them in any game, whether they are D-1 or D-2. I have had kids at both schools, and they both have their purpose, and do it very well.

lawrencevgibson
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby lawrencevgibson » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:14 pm

I’m all in supporting USI in D1 or whatever they decide to do.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 am

I am in complete agreement with all the above posts. Like E'ville I support USI passionately to win whatever games they play (except if they were to play UE). The positive impact both universities have made for our community and throughout the region cannot be stated enough. Normally I would not dignify such an idiotic and juvenile remark with a response.

NewburghAces
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1975

Postby NewburghAces » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:34 pm

I grew up watching the Dick Walters Aces at Roberts Stadium and the Wayne Boultinghouse Screaming Eagles at the YMCA/Central, downtown Evansville. I attended both schools. I know many people from each school. Go UE! Go USI!

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Yesterday 10:10 pm

Wow..I think Funky Fruit Weatherman Ron Rhodes may be one of the idiot USI posters. If anyone follows Parmley on twitter, Rhodes is throwing some UE salt in a thread about Bellarmine going D-1. Glad he doesn't need Aces fans for his ratings....

Return to “The Aces”