The UE Brand

Discussions of all the Aces sports
bryan_05
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1989

The UE Brand

Postby bryan_05 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Class of '06 here. Third generation UE grad, fan since the Xavier rivalry days.

I was in town last weekend on a Sunday and went to the mall to update my UE gear. I couldn't find a single thing. There was USI stuff and an asinine amount of IU and Purdue gear, but UE was nowhere to be seen. I stumbled upon some ugly shirts at Meijer, but that was it.

Who is in charge of branding the university? Wouldn't it be great to see local kids in UE gear like the countless kids in Champaign county with University of Illinois everything? Obviously, UE's brand won't match a Big 10 school, but to see nothing is embarrassing for the University.

Who is in charge of marketing/branding?

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Re: The UE Brand

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:49 pm

No idea who is in charg. Only places I know to get UE items is the bookstore on campus (good luck parking) and some items at Golf Plus when I was in there recently.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:53 pm

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:No idea who is in charg. Only places I know to get UE items is the bookstore on campus (good luck parking) and some items at Golf Plus when I was in there recently.

Yes, the bookstore on campus is really the only place to get everything Aces.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:55 pm

bryan_05 wrote:Class of '06 here. Third generation UE grad, fan since the Xavier rivalry days.

I was in town last weekend on a Sunday and went to the mall to update my UE gear. I couldn't find a single thing. There was USI stuff and an asinine amount of IU and Purdue gear, but UE was nowhere to be seen. I stumbled upon some ugly shirts at Meijer, but that was it.

Who is in charge of branding the university? Wouldn't it be great to see local kids in UE gear like the countless kids in Champaign county with University of Illinois everything? Obviously, UE's brand won't match a Big 10 school, but to see nothing is embarrassing for the University.

Who is in charge of marketing/branding?

Great post, totally agree. It's the same thing as all the other things we post about on here. It comes across as a complete lack of effort/mailing it in. Whether that's the case or not I don't know, but that's what it looks like. Just like no games on tv, no band, no advertisements, no Ace Purple, the list just goes on and on...
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

ACEPURPLE84
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby ACEPURPLE84 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 am

If the Administration does not realize that there IS a direct relation to a successful Athletic program and enrollment, then they might has well give it all up save .some money and watch the enrollment stagnate or decline. They should have realized that when they dumped the football program.

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:53 am

Not sure of what the licencing and logo laws are.
But, seems to me a business opportunity, up there to distribute UE attire.

I will say I did see ACES hats and small to medium sized only Purple Tshirts at Walmart, when I was looking for an Orange sweatshirt, in January.
Ended up at the bookstore, as well.

GA Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1986

Postby GA Ace » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Examples of current UE branding:

"If you don't graduate in 4 years, the 5th one's on us."
-UE Prez

"Like, Harlaxton wasn't the only reason I chose Evansville, but, like it was a big reason."
-UE coed, who like, can't complete a sentence with like, saying like a lot.

GA Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1986

Postby GA Ace » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm

https://19nine.com/collections/evansville-aces

19nine.com had more UE items previously available but only has a shirt and shorts at this time for sale. In a nod to a previous topic regarding the UE logo, I'd personally like to see the Ace Purple logo from the shirt and the deck of cards from the shorts used. Not sure what the current star is all about. Of the four owners of 19nine, 2 are from Evansville, a Reitz and MD grad. $65 is a bit steep for the shorts but I'll take the XL if anyone is buying.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 pm

GA Ace wrote:https://19nine.com/collections/evansville-aces

19nine.com had more UE items previously available but only has a shirt and shorts at this time for sale. In a nod to a previous topic regarding the UE logo, I'd personally like to see the Ace Purple logo from the shirt and the deck of cards from the shorts used. Not sure what the current star is all about. Of the four owners of 19nine, 2 are from Evansville, a Reitz and MD grad. $65 is a bit steep for the shorts but I'll take the XL if anyone is buying.

I've got one of the old school Ace Purple T shirts, really like it!
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:01 am

At least you found something at Meijer. For years you couldn't find any UE apparel outside campus.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

Return to “The Aces”