Wednesday 1-29-14

Discussions of all the Aces sports
6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Wednesday 1-29-14

Postby 6th man » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Halfway point through conference games.

My prediction is 6-3. I think we can win the next 7 games but I'll give up one for a road game.

UNI(H) W
SIU(A) W
IlSU(A) W
LUc (H) W
MSU(A) W
BU (H) W
UNI (A)
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

David Goldenberg
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1989

Re: Wednesday 1-29-14

Postby David Goldenberg » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:48 pm

We should take this one game at a time.

But what the heck:

3 - 6

UNI(H) L
SIU(A) W
IlSU(A) W
LUc (H) W
MSU(A) L
BU (H) L
UNI (A) L

What can I say, I am a realist.

GO ACES!

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby sect.3purple » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:09 pm

I am sticking to one game...UNI...IF we guard the three, UNI"S bread and butter, we will beat them. If we beat UNI we will gain confidence. If we gain confidence we will win several more games on straight.

It's like this....I think the fans are fed up with losing, and I think the team is, too. Only one way to feel better....start winning. I use that philosophy when I get down....I'd like to stay depressed over this team, but it is too darn depressing! :) So, I am turning that down feeling to rage toward WINNING! Come on, Aces, get yourselves to the gym, work out of this down time, and come roaring back!

I say you can't rely, or wait, on getting older and more experienced. I have seen a lot of bad senior-laden teams. I say it is time to use that youth and energy to "work to get better".....don't wait for time and games to pass....NOW is the time to prove yourselves! Only way to do that is in the gym, under the basket, or 3-point distance away, and putting a little swagger in your game because you KNOW you have done all you can do to toughen your skills.

Go, Aces!

6th man
Head Cheerleader

Postby 6th man » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:59 pm

I believe in looking at one game at a time. I'm making plans to go to St Louis March 6-9
and trying to decide if I'll need a room for Thursday night. These are games that the Aces have to win if they hope to avoid playing March 6th. Nobody can change what is in the past but we certainly look forward hopefully. If you can't get past losing to the # 2 team and the #5 team, on the road, in conference then you might as well call it a season and wait for next year
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

6th man
Head Cheerleader

Postby 6th man » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm

6th man wrote:Halfway point through conference games.

My prediction is 6-3. I think we can win the next 7 games but I'll give up one for a road game.

UNI(H) W
SIU(A) W
IlSU(A) W
LUc (H) W
MSU(A) W
BU (H) W
UNI (A)

David Goldenberg

We should take this one game at a time.

But what the heck:

3 - 6

UNI(H) L
SIU(A) W
IlSU(A) W
LUc (H) W
MSU(A) L
BU (H) L
UNI (A) L

What can I say, I am a realist.

GO ACES!

Looks as you are the better prognosticator @ this time but as pointed out on the other thread, the Aces are 6 points out of 5-3.

This team should of, could of, but missed the mark by 6 points. :shockue: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

Return to “The Aces”