Ryan Taylor

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Ryan Taylor

Postby Aces101 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Why would he stay at UE if he graduates this May? Either transfer to a power 5 school as a grad transfer to have a shot at reaching the NCAA tourney or play pro ball somewhere and make some nice money. Not sure how playing another year at UE would help raise his pro stock/potential.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm

indymoon wrote:It depends whether he's on schedule to graduate, which I don't know about.

Heard he is on schedule. We have him back we have a chance to be decent. We don't have a chance to be good if he leaves imho based on who we have coming back and what we have signed to this stage.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:35 am

If Ryan did leave that would be a punch in the nose

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:56 am

muni cup14 wrote:If Ryan did leave that would be a punch in the nose

Similar to when Silas left but arguably worse.

Since we have no reason at the moment to believe that this is going to happen (other than speculation that it possibly could), I am choosing to move on (unless there is any credible information that comes to light down the road on this topic).

Obviously I am not saying that others cannot speculate on this; but for me I am moving on from this topic.

Go Aces!!!

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 am

Completely agree

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am

Last night Ryan Taylor scored 26 points, and the rest of the team scored 15. We've all heard the statement that one way to beat a team is the let their best player get his points, but shut down everyone else. That's exactly what UNI did. When your team doesn't drive to the basket, dribbles the ball, and only looks for someone to pass to rather than to shoot, and passes up the few open shoots they get, then it's not that hard to shut them down. If ever the Aces needed a new coach, it is NOW.

Acepurple71
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Acepurple71 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 am

acecard wrote:Last night Ryan Taylor scored 26 points, and the rest of the team scored 15. We've all heard the statement that one way to beat a team is the let their best player get his points, but shut down everyone else. That's exactly what UNI did. When your team doesn't drive to the basket, dribbles the ball, and only looks for someone to pass to rather than to shoot, and passes up the few open shoots they get, then it's not that hard to shut them down. If ever the Aces needed a new coach, it is NOW.

It wasn't just that UNI shutdown the rest, they just flat out didn't hit squat. Takeway RT stats and the rest of the team was 7-26 for a 27%. that is BS Plus no one drove the lane and tried to pickup a foul in order to shoot Free Throws. We shot NO FT the entire game. With all the hacking by both team NO FT's. We get many of our points in the games by this. When they aren't hitting from the outside you have to drive the basket. Simple game plan. And we weren't hitting squat.

Return to “The Aces”