Postby PurpleWhiskers » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:46 pm

evilleman wrote:
Aces & Eights wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:
Original quote
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Day he came back
Dec. 30, 2017

You see, he was two weeks in to a six week heal when he returned. Bone doesn’t regrow in two weeks. After hearing all that I am, I won’t be surprised if the season is over for him, and unfortunately, we find out that he will require surgery to repair it.

I truly hope not, but as I said, they pushed for him to be back out on the floor (and that includes Dru himself), and they finished off an injury that had “healed” in two weeks.

As pointed out in the following tweet, the stress fracture from December is not the problem that Dru had occur on Monday.

https://twitter.com/patmhickey/status/9 ... 5875888129

Dang guys at least have the correct info before you run to your keyboard to b**** and moan. It was the other foot. Praying that Dru has a speedy recovery.

Maybe, just maybe, the dang guys thought they had the correct info before they "ran to the keyboard to b**** and moan." Pat Hickey wrote two blurbs on Smith's condition. The FIRST blurb by Hickey on the 30th said this, "Additional details surrounding Smith's foot are unclear, though it is suspected to be related to the injury that caused him to miss four games in December." Pat Hickey was the source of the bad info, assuming that info is bad. On the following day, Hickey reported on the cause as plantar fasciitis in the other foot, not the previously injured foot.

Actually, I don't believe that Hickey's first report on Smith's injury is at odds with his second report. An injury to one foot or limb often leads to problems in the unaffected foot or limb because of overcompensation by the good one. It has happened to me. So the plantar fasciitis in one foot could have been brought on by overcompensating for the injury to the other foot. No one can know that for sure. My verdict is that it was proper to "b**** and moan" after Hickey's first report. It is also proper to ignore Hickey's first reports on anything until he has followed up with a second report if caution is your drug of choice. All that aside, Blake likely played the best game of his life so far and made up for the loss of Smith. Two more wins guarantees a winning record. I think it can and will be done. As shorthanded as we are I have no predictions beyond that.

evilleman
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1992

Re: dru smith

Postby evilleman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:57 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
evilleman wrote:
Aces & Eights wrote:As pointed out in the following tweet, the stress fracture from December is not the problem that Dru had occur on Monday.

https://twitter.com/patmhickey/status/9 ... 5875888129

Dang guys at least have the correct info before you run to your keyboard to b**** and moan. It was the other foot. Praying that Dru has a speedy recovery.

Maybe, just maybe, the dang guys thought they had the correct info before they "ran to the keyboard to b**** and moan." Pat Hickey wrote two blurbs on Smith's condition. The FIRST blurb by Hickey on the 30th said this, "Additional details surrounding Smith's foot are unclear, though it is suspected to be related to the injury that caused him to miss four games in December." Pat Hickey was the source of the bad info, assuming that info is bad. On the following day, Hickey reported on the cause as plantar fasciitis in the other foot, not the previously injured foot.

Actually, I don't believe that Hickey's first report on Smith's injury is at odds with his second report. An injury to one foot or limb often leads to problems in the unaffected foot or limb because of overcompensation by the good one. It has happened to me. So the plantar fasciitis in one foot could have been brought on by overcompensating for the injury to the other foot. No one can know that for sure. My verdict is that it was proper to "b**** and moan" after Hickey's first report. It is also proper to ignore Hickey's first reports on anything until he has followed up with a second report if caution is your drug of choice. All that aside, Blake likely played the best game of his life so far and made up for the loss of Smith. Two more wins guarantees a winning record. I think it can and will be done. As shorthanded as we are I have no predictions beyond that.

Fair enough. I didn't see the initial report. It appears I ran to my keyboard to b**** and moan about the poster of PAF. :lol:

Agree with your comments on Blake. Was extremely happy for him and the team last night.

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Postby CoachD88 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Right foot, left foot, right knee, left knee......the bottom line is we do not have him for 2-4 weeks. He will be greatly missed, but the Aces still have games to play and it is Next Man Up time!
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

pmh24
Evansville Courier & Press
Evansville Courier & Press
Fan Since: 2011

Postby pmh24 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:06 pm

My fault to speculate on the initial report. I shouldn't have, but took an educated guess. I was unaware that he had issues in both feet until getting a chance to speak with Marty about it last night (originally, I could only get a confirmation on the timetable) and that the plantar fasciitis was not in the same foot that he had the stress fracture in.

Regardless, like the poster above me says, he's out 2-4 weeks.

evilleman
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1992

Postby evilleman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:24 pm

pmh24 wrote:My fault to speculate on the initial report. I shouldn't have, but took an educated guess. I was unaware that he had issues in both feet until getting a chance to speak with Marty about it last night (originally, I could only get a confirmation on the timetable) and that the plantar fasciitis was not in the same foot that he had the stress fracture in.

Regardless, like the poster above me says, he's out 2-4 weeks.

So Pat you are saying you are basically the Skip Bayless of the Courier? Lol jk. You do a great job. Can't remember the team being covered this well. Thanks!

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:27 pm

I will apologize for the incorrect posting. I did indeed go off of the Jan. 30 article. That was the only information about the injury we had at that time.

And for anyone to say I don’t want the Aces to win, think again. I wouldn’t be how I am about them (vocal) if I was like that. Think about it. B****ing and moaning done.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:23 pm

I have never seen a post to this forum where the poster stated that they did not want the Aces to win.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 pm

acecard wrote:I have never seen a post to this forum where the poster stated that they did not want the Aces to win.

If there are posters that come on this site and say that they need to be barred from the site.

Return to “The Aces”