dru smith

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Aceup13
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1998

Re: dru smith

Postby Aceup13 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:53 pm

Bummer..

Right as I thought we were getting ready to get going..
http://www.courierpress.com/story/sport ... 083883001/

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:14 pm

Dru is really the one player on this team that can't be replaced. Nobody else can do what he does. I don't see how they can escape Thursday now.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:58 pm

Well, they pushed him to come back early, and he apparently finished it off.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

1987ace
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1966

Postby 1987ace » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:51 pm

Simply not true. He pushed to come back earlier than he was brought back. He came back when the Doctor released him.

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby sect.3purple » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 pm

It seems to me that we have way too many foot injuries...what is going on? Just bad luck or do all factors need to be carefully examined to see if there is some contributing factor?

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:05 am

1987ace wrote:Simply not true. He pushed to come back earlier than he was brought back. He came back when the Doctor released him.

Original quote
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:43 pm

I herd today that Dru Smith has a stress fracture and will be out for 6 weeks. We just cant get a break, I feel bad for the team because they have been playing so hard and in my opinion have over achieved . The loyal fans need to get to the Ford center for their home game and show their support because they need it now more than ever.

Day he came back
Dec. 30, 2017
bikerace wrote:it looks like Dru Smith is going to play today. lets hope he is not coming back to early,but if healthy he will be a difference maker

You see, he was two weeks in to a six week heal when he returned. Bone doesn’t regrow in two weeks. After hearing all that I am, I won’t be surprised if the season is over for him, and unfortunately, we find out that he will require surgery to repair it.

I truly hope not, but as I said, they pushed for him to be back out on the floor (and that includes Dru himself), and they finished off an injury that had “healed” in two weeks.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:38 am

Ad1770 wrote:
1987ace wrote:Simply not true. He pushed to come back earlier than he was brought back. He came back when the Doctor released him.

Original quote

I herd today that Dru Smith has a stress fracture and will be out for 6 weeks. We just cant get a break, I feel bad for the team because they have been playing so hard and in my opinion have over achieved . The loyal fans need to get to the Ford center for their home game and show their support because they need it now more than ever.

Day he came back
Dec. 30, 2017
bikerace wrote:it looks like Dru Smith is going to play today. lets hope he is not coming back to early,but if healthy he will be a difference maker

You see, he was two weeks in to a six week heal when he returned. Bone doesn’t regrow in two weeks. After hearing all that I am, I won’t be surprised if the season is over for him, and unfortunately, we find out that he will require surgery to repair it.

I truly hope not, but as I said, they pushed for him to be back out on the floor (and that includes Dru himself), and they finished off an injury that had “healed” in two weeks.

As pointed out in the following tweet, the stress fracture from December is not the problem that Dru had occur on Monday.

https://twitter.com/patmhickey/status/9 ... 5875888129

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:30 am

Aces & Eights wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:

Original quote

Day he came back
Dec. 30, 2017

As pointed out in the following tweet, the stress fracture from December is not the problem that Dru had occur on Monday.

Why can't we have something like that relating to Hainna's injury???????

evilleman
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1992

Postby evilleman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:44 am

Aces & Eights wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:

Original quote

Day he came back
Dec. 30, 2017

Dang guys at least have the correct info before you run to your keyboard to b**** and moan. It was the other foot. Praying that Dru has a speedy recovery.

1987ace
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1966

Postby 1987ace » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Thank you....I tried not to disrespect anyone. I just said the post about the program rushing Drew back was not true. There is a certain group of people on here that really do not like it when the Aces win. Last night was a hard fought win. Players and Coaches should be proud. There I said it....Nice job Marty!

Return to “The Aces”