Aces @ the Braves

Discussions of all the Aces sports
acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Re: Aces @ the Braves

Postby acecard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:27 pm

E-Villan wrote:Here's some more feel good with Bradley...the score from the womens game with them today;

Bradley 117
Lady Aces 59

Can you believe that I watched this whole game? It was like a train wreck, I couldn't turn away. I would vote it the worst performance from a college team, men or ladies, that I have ever seen. I have always thought Ruffing was a pretty good coach, but somebody has to take the blame for such a terrible performance. It looked like they wanted Bradley to score 100 points.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:08 pm

It will be interesting to see how we respond in our next game.
We're not playing bad defence,i believe the players are being
over coached on offence.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 pm

muni cup14 wrote:It will be interesting to see how we respond in our next game.
We're not playing bad defence,but I believe the players are being
over coached on offence.

indymoon
Road Tripper

Postby indymoon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:18 am

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:
indymoon wrote:
svmar10 wrote:In the last 2 games RT is 7-33 and Dru is 10-18. Dru spent 28 minutes on the bench. But Marty got Blake his 1000PT milestone. We got that going for us!

Taylor is obviously really struggling. He had a couple of good looks last night that just didn't fall. I hope he's not distracted by something personal. I do question whether his personality fits as THE go-to guy like DJ and Colt before him.

I also agree with this. The stats are the facts. He does not appear to be the hard nosed, tough, gritty and
vocal competitor that Colt, DJ and JB were. He does not appear to have leadership qualities because he is on the quiet side from what I can see. Does not mean he is not a great player, great person and I am sure he is not happy with his play of late.

I see several player reasons we are struggling...Taylor not hitting the shots he normally makes, Dru getting in foul trouble, KJ not taking and/or hitting anything other than a layup and forcing drives to the basket, Boo out and when he is in he is struggling due to his knee and we have guys out with injuries. I feel like Dru, Blake, Hall, Noah and DC are all giving us positive minutes and helping the team when they are on the floor. Unfortunately some are not seeing enough minutes and several other guys are struggling.

This conference is so wide open I can see just about any team winning the conference tournament for the automatic bid. Looks like we are going to have to look toward that given our dismal 2-6 start and last place position in the conference at just about the halfway mark.

You're right. Dru's foul trouble is simply compounding Taylor's poor shooting and, given they are the 2 primary offensive weapons, the team is struggling.

Fans need to recognize that KJ doesn't shoot because he's not a good shooter (same for Gibson). He's limited offensively primarily driving right for lay-ups. Yes, he had a breakout game but the more recent MVC opponents have seen that and are taking away his drives.

DC gives it everything he's got but a lot of times doesn't seem to get a fair shake from the refs. How many times has he been hit in the face with no foul called?! The Bradley really exposed his lack of leaping ability.

Noah is improving. He should hold a pump-fake clinic for the rest of the team. One would think that Blake would be better at that given his dad used it a ton.

Return to “The Aces”