Aces @ the Braves

Discussions of all the Aces sports
CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Re: Aces @ the Braves

Postby CoachD88 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Aces101 wrote:Glad to see Coach is finally taking my advice...hopefully they can stretch the floor and knock down some threes. Dru needs to dribble penetrate and kick out, not lead the typical screening motion offense.

We can only hope, Aces101, we can only hope
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 pm

Pathetic! Spencer, have some guts, and make a change!!

This is how the rest of the season will be - Taylor and Smith are marked men. Teams will harass them and make someone else beat them.

Aceup13
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1998

Postby Aceup13 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:04 pm

WOW If I was playing in a game and they threw up an alley oop up by 10 with a minute left I would be throwing hands. Taylor looks awful and will be the rest of the year because teams have figured out we have no other pure shooters.

FIRE MARTY

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner

Postby CoachD88 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 pm

This is such a sad situation. I have no idea what to say and I have no answers. Sure injuries are part of the game...but we just don't seem to have any answer for the problems that we have right now. I have watched better high school teams than what we are playing right now. And I am sorry....but I do not want to hear about how tough it is to win in the Valley....we are playing basketball like a team that is beat before the either the game is started or if we are slapped....we have no reply. That goes way beyond Xs and Os....and someone, somewhere should be held accountable for that.
Last edited by CoachD88 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upper Aces
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1999

Postby Upper Aces » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Marty is now 77-111 coaching in the MVC.

It comes down to this folks - Family (getting Blake minutes and points) >>>> The team and winning. The priorities are really mixed up on Walnut Street.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Roy Keane

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:07 pm

66-53 final..predictable. May not win another road game. We simply don't have enough to be able to beat any team of any quality on the road. Not sure we will win that many at home. The team is out of sink...never get into a flow. Taylor shooting 20-25% is not going to cut it..he is settling too many times for jump shots and a guy like him should be able to get to the line ten times a game or more but he appears to be somewhere else..he is forcing shots and is now hurting us. We just don't have enough offensive weapons to put up any points, as usual, low margin for error. Pathetic ! Another year, same script again. It's really a stretch to remain a loyal Aces fan. I am so sick of losing.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Just had a fortune cookie and my fortune was "A good beginning is half the task".
That pretty much sums it up as Evansville dug a 14 point hole out of the gate (16-2). That is the third game in a row that we have dug a hole early and we have loss all three.

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner

Postby CoachD88 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:11 pm

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:66-53 final..predictable. May not win another road game. We simply don't have enough to be able to beat any team of any quality on the road. Not sure we will win that many at home. The team is out of sink...never get into a flow. Taylor shooting 20-25% is not going to cut it..he is settling too many times for jump shots and a guy like him should be able to get to the line ten times a game or more but he appears to be somewhere else..he is forcing shots and is now hurting us. We just don't have enough offensive weapons to put up any points, as usual, low margin for error. Pathetic ! Another year, same script again. It's really a stretch to remain a loyal Aces fan. I am so sick of losing.

Heard this and have nothing to back it up......he may be our 5th year Senior departure. I sure hope and pray that he has not cashed it in. But...his play lately is downright appauling on both ends of the floor. And I like the kid...but his performance on the floor is very poor. And that is killing this team...killing it.

Upper Aces
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1999

Postby Upper Aces » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:13 pm

To Marty this was a win tonight - Blake got his 1,000th point. That is good enough for him.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Roy Keane

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:14 pm

Upper Aces wrote:To Marty this was a win tonight - Blake got his 1,000th point. That is good enough for him.

And he racked up a lot of minutes too....keep moving up that list

Return to “The Aces”