Aces @ the Braves

Discussions of all the Aces sports
acesfan27
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1991

Re: Aces @ the Braves

Postby acesfan27 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:15 pm

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:66-53 final..predictable. May not win another road game. We simply don't have enough to be able to beat any team of any quality on the road. Not sure we will win that many at home. The team is out of sink...never get into a flow. Taylor shooting 20-25% is not going to cut it..he is settling too many times for jump shots and a guy like him should be able to get to the line ten times a game or more but he appears to be somewhere else..he is forcing shots and is now hurting us. We just don't have enough offensive weapons to put up any points, as usual, low margin for error. Pathetic ! Another year, same script again. It's really a stretch to remain a loyal Aces fan. I am so sick of losing.

Same the **** here the university doesn’t give 2 ****s about the program so why shouldn’t we my family has been season ticket holders for a long long time but after this dreaded season pulling the damn plug until a gdamn change is made this is Indiana Dammit and we the fans deserve a say in this crap mess of a black hole I refuse to accept this mediocre crap they have given us!

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Aces22 wrote:I truly think we will finish last in the Valley.

I don't see how anyone with a brain, and two eyes, could come to any other conclusion. I have seen every Valley team play at least one game, and I have not seen a worse team than the Aces. There were 3 or 4 times they couldn't even get the ball in bounds successfully, committed how many moving screen violations, shot 31%, committed 14 turn overs, and had 6 shots blocked. But I guess I shouldn't be too hard on them. They did score over 50 points, and made 10 of 12 free throws. They are a bad team, poorly coached. Not much left to say.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:27 pm

According to some, we should be happy and content with this CRAP. We should feel privileged to be in the MVC. Mediocrity is fine.

I’m an Aces fan, alumnus of UE, and am sick of watching the same script unfold year after year under this regime.

Come on Mark Spencer, do your job and rebuild this program from the head coach down. We have a nice arena and a nice practice facility. Build off that!

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Postby GoAcesgo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:30 pm

See you guys later have fun ruining the forum with your vulgar language, until a change is made in coaching there will be no need to visit this site really really toxic....signing out It's been fun

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader

Postby Tom Servo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:45 pm

The language isn’t necessary, I think that needs to go.

As far as the game goes..I have nothing new to say. Same stuff.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:45 pm

GoAcesgo wrote:See you guys later have fun ruining the forum with your vulgar language, until a change is made in coaching there will be no need to visit this site really really toxic....signing out It's been fun

I edited out most of the vulgarities.

I suspect we won't have many folks left in another two or three weeks. Not much more to say in the remaining 2/3 of the MVC slate.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

AcesChamps6571
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby AcesChamps6571 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:48 pm

The frustration is understandable, but the obscenities should be left off here. There was one poster a couple weeks ago who called a bunch of people a vulgar name, hope this place doesn't get too toxic. I enjoy reading all the posts from dedicated Aces fans, even those whose opinions differ from my own. Sometimes, they give me a reason to rethink things. I wouldn't want this forum to become a place that other fans read and determine that Evansville fans are vulgar.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader

Postby Tom Servo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:50 pm

AcesChamps6571 wrote:The frustration is understandable, but the obscenities should be left off here. There was one poster a couple weeks ago who called a bunch of people a vulgar name, hope this place doesn't get too toxic. I enjoy reading all the posts from dedicated Aces fans, even those whose opinions differ from my own. Sometimes, they give me a reason to rethink things. I wouldn't want this forum to become a place that other fans read and determine that Evansville fans are vulgar.

Absolutely agree with all of this 100%
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Postby CoachD88 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:50 pm

GoAcesgo wrote:See you guys later have fun ruining the forum with your vulgar language, until a change is made in coaching there will be no need to visit this site really really toxic....signing out It's been fun

No...people should not have obscenities thrown at them. But.... Really? I am not an alum, I am not from Indiana....hell, until about 7 years ago...I refused to be an Aces follower after the "Crash". I am as pissed as anyone on this board. I cannot stand where we are or what direction we seem to be going. I cannot believe that the powers that be or our AD can look at themselves in the mirror and say "Everything Is Alright". But.....I will not bale on this board or this progam. This is a group that actually cares about what is going on with this basketball program and they, for the most part, do not care who they offend with their comments. You,GoAcesGo, should be offended by what we are seeing on the court these days and you should be offended by those that don't seem to care about it.
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

acesfan27
Bobblehead Owner

Postby acesfan27 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 pm

I like this board because this group does care about what the state of the program is in and wants it to be good again. This is not a toxic site to me because we all want the same things and for someone on our own board to point us out and tell us we are wrong is wrong and he or she needs to worry about whats going on with the program and fanbase before pointing fingers at this group.
Last edited by acesfan27 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Aces”