Aces @ the Braves

Discussions of all the Aces sports
sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Re: Aces @ the Braves

Postby sect.3purple » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:25 pm

acecard wrote:I certainly enjoy this forum, and would be very lost without it. Certainly we are all Aces fans, and want to see them flourish in D1, even though we all have different ways to express that desire. I again want to thank PAfan for the opportunity to express our thoughts. I feel though that there is just so many times we can say the same thing. We know that after 11 years of mediocrity, and on occasion embarrassing play, that things are not going to change, and I fear that if their are no changes in the basketball program it will sink to the level of non relevance. I hope that there is still enough interest in the program that we can discuss it on this forum in the following weeks, but haven't we beaten it to death, and how many times can we continue to say the same things. It would be great if I thought Marty, Spencer, and Kazee read our thoughts, and took them to heart, but I doubt it. If that's the case, aren't we all just pizzing against the wind?

What we all need to do is to send our comments to the university...to the athletic director, the president...and to the Championship Club....a barrage of letters should show the frustration/anger of the fan base....I can't help but believe that these people surely read the posts on this site, but who knows? If we truly want to save this basketball program we should do more than just gripe on this forum.

Would it be possible to post email addresses for the people we need to contact on this site?

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Here's some more feel good with Bradley...the score from the womens game with them today;

Bradley 117
Lady Aces 59

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:11 pm

sect.3purple wrote:
acecard wrote:I certainly enjoy this forum, and would be very lost without it. Certainly we are all Aces fans, and want to see them flourish in D1, even though we all have different ways to express that desire. I again want to thank PAfan for the opportunity to express our thoughts. I feel though that there is just so many times we can say the same thing. We know that after 11 years of mediocrity, and on occasion embarrassing play, that things are not going to change, and I fear that if their are no changes in the basketball program it will sink to the level of non relevance. I hope that there is still enough interest in the program that we can discuss it on this forum in the following weeks, but haven't we beaten it to death, and how many times can we continue to say the same things. It would be great if I thought Marty, Spencer, and Kazee read our thoughts, and took them to heart, but I doubt it. If that's the case, aren't we all just pizzing against the wind?

What we all need to do is to send our comments to the university...to the athletic director, the president...and to the Championship Club....a barrage of letters should show the frustration/anger of the fan base....I can't help but believe that these people surely read the posts on this site, but who knows? If we truly want to save this basketball program we should do more than just gripe on this forum.

Would it be possible to post email addresses for the people we need to contact on this site?

Section, I do think you are my sister from a different mother. According to the UE site, here are the phone and email addresses:

Mark Spencer
812-488-2569
ms628@evansville.edu

Dr. Tom Kazee
812-488-2151
kazee1@evansville.edu

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:57 pm

E-Villan wrote:Here's some more feel good with Bradley...the score from the womens game with them today;

Bradley 117
Lady Aces 59

This is too bad. Matt is such a good guy and probably the right person for the job at this point. I hope if he is given a few years we can become competitive again. All going to depend on recruiting over the next year or two. I hope he can turn it around.

The Lady Aces in basketball have not done anything for years like the men but they went to the NCAA Tournament more recently than the men's program.

indymoon
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1980

Postby indymoon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:12 pm

svmar10 wrote:In the last 2 games RT is 7-33 and Dru is 10-18. Dru spent 28 minutes on the bench. But Marty got Blake his 1000PT milestone. We got that going for us!

Taylor is obviously really struggling. He had a couple of good looks last night that just didn't fall. I hope he's not distracted by something personal. I do question whether his personality fits as THE go-to guy like DJ and Colt before him.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:31 pm

E-Villan wrote:
sect.3purple wrote:

Section, I do think you are my sister from a different mother. According to the UE site, here are the phone and email addresses:

Mark Spencer
812-488-2569
ms628@evansville.edu

Dr. Tom Kazee
812-488-2151
kazee1@evansville.edu

Thanks for supplying email information. Mark Spencer will be hearing from me soon. I encourage all to join in.

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby sect.3purple » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:40 pm

letsgoAces wrote:
E-Villan wrote:
sect.3purple wrote:

Mark Spencer
812-488-2569
ms628@evansville.edu

Dr. Tom Kazee
812-488-2151
kazee1@evansville.edu

Thanks for supplying email information. Mark Spencer will be hearing from me soon. I encourage all to join in.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks , I will be emailing both men very soon...I received my graduate degree at UE...they trained me well to speak up for a cause I believe in, and I couldn't be more passionate in my support of quality, exciting basketball from the EVANSVILLE Aces!
I hope that others will do the same.

1987ace
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1966

Postby 1987ace » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:49 pm

I will also be emailing both people in Support of Coach Simmons. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I will not disrespect any of you for your opinions. However, I will continue to support Marty and the A.D.

Yes I am an Alum and season ticket holder. No family affiliation with any staff member.

Go Aces!

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:05 pm

indymoon wrote:
svmar10 wrote:In the last 2 games RT is 7-33 and Dru is 10-18. Dru spent 28 minutes on the bench. But Marty got Blake his 1000PT milestone. We got that going for us!

Taylor is obviously really struggling. He had a couple of good looks last night that just didn't fall. I hope he's not distracted by something personal. I do question whether his personality fits as THE go-to guy like DJ and Colt before him.

I also agree with this. The stats are the facts. He does not appear to be the hard nosed, tough, gritty and
vocal competitor that Colt, DJ and JB were. He does not appear to have leadership qualities because he is on the quiet side from what I can see. Does not mean he is not a great player, great person and I am sure he is not happy with his play of late.

I see several player reasons we are struggling...Taylor not hitting the shots he normally makes, Dru getting in foul trouble, KJ not taking and/or hitting anything other than a layup and forcing drives to the basket, Boo out and when he is in he is struggling due to his knee and we have guys out with injuries. I feel like Dru, Blake, Hall, Noah and DC are all giving us positive minutes and helping the team when they are on the floor. Unfortunately some are not seeing enough minutes and several other guys are struggling.

This conference is so wide open I can see just about any team winning the conference tournament for the automatic bid. Looks like we are going to have to look toward that given our dismal 2-6 start and last place position in the conference at just about the halfway mark.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:08 pm

1987ace wrote:I will also be emailing both people in Support of Coach Simmons. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I will not disrespect any of you for your opinions. However, I will continue to support Marty and the A.D.

Yes I am an Alum and season ticket holder. No family affiliation with any staff member.

Go Aces!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, which I respect, but with all due respect this probably is why we are where we are.

Return to “The Aces”