Discussions of all the Aces sports
Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:34 am

Acepurple71 wrote:
Tom Servo wrote:
IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:I think once Noah gets in D1 game shape, has a year under his belt will deliver three years worth of good basketball, just as Dru has done in his second season. We just need more guys like this. Having 2 or 3 on a team just makes us average, we need a six pack :) of guys like this so we have five threats to score on the floor at one time. We simply have not had this for years, there has always been one or two guys the defense can slack off of in Valley play. Up to the coaching staff to get a few more solid players.

Exactly! A team full of players like Noah's, Dru's, Blake's, etc would be pretty good and we could play at a much quicker offensive pace. That would in turn give us more margin for error. I can't emphasize this enough, we have to stop recruiting players who cannot shoot the ball and who will never be threats on the offensive end. In today's game, it doesn't work.

And yes, the one trick pony thing is a problem, has been for a while. Basically it puts a ceiling on how good the team can be. If you had 4 or 5 guys on the floor the other team was concerned about stopping, it's going to make the offense much more difficult to deal with and it will make guys like Taylor that much more deadly. He'll have to force less shots if there are other threats the other team is worried about.

I'd much rather be finishing in the top three in the conference than having the leading scorer every year.

Want I want is 4 or 5 good 3 point shooters. Get the game exciting again. If they start scoring a bunch of point game after game they will put more fans in the stands.

I Agree 100%!
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:36 am

Even in year 1, Shy Ely was within 1.4 points per game of the MVC lead, averaging 15.7ppg.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

aceslifer
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1956

Postby aceslifer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:57 am

still 2nd in country for 3pt shooting percentage, only took 20 less 3pt shots last night than Valpo

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 am

aceslifer wrote:still 2nd in country for 3pt shooting percentage, only took 20 less 3pt shots last night than Valpo

If we only take two more three's the rest of the season, and hit one of them, we may very well lead the county in that category. Now that's something to be proud of.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:10 am

Fayne of Ill. St. went down with a nasty ankle injury last night
against SIU.By the look of the injury,i think it will be a while
before he comes back.
Also, Malik Yarbrough was arrested on a failure to appear charge
and still started the game :o :o :o

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:34 am

muni cup14 wrote:Also, Malik Yarbrough was arrested on a failure to appear charge

It's Illinois State...you seem shocked.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 am

E-Villan wrote:
muni cup14 wrote:Also, Malik Yarbrough was arrested on a failure to appear charge

MVC should make ISU forfeit game. Dan Mueller 's choosing to do nothing speaks volumes. Great leader of young men, isn't he!

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Postby CoachD88 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:28 am

letsgoAces wrote:
E-Villan wrote:

MVC should make ISU forfeit game. Dan Mueller 's choosing to do nothing speaks volumes. Great leader of young men, isn't he!

Lost the last of any respect I had for him......if the story is true as posted and there isn't more to it
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:59 am

CoachD88 wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:
E-Villan wrote:

Lost the last of any respect I had for him......if the story is true as posted and there isn't more to it

No, nothing more to the report. He (malik) simply did not make his court appearance and was arrested the next day. He then got bailed out and was playing ball last night. ISU reports they are handing it "internally" - translated " our leading scorer is needed against SIU and our player may behave the way he wants to as long as he is as asset to our team". No big deal for Mueller "yawn"

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:01 pm

letsgoAces wrote:
CoachD88 wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:

No, nothing more to the report. He (malik) simply did not make his court appearance and was arrested the next day. He then got bailed out and was playing ball last night. ISU reports they are handing it "internally" - translated " our leading scorer is needed against SIU and our player may behave the way he wants to as long as he is as asset to our team". No big deal for Mueller "yawn"

Nothing to see here folks time to move along........ :beerme:
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

Return to “The Aces”