Ramblings on a Sunday

Discussions of all the Aces sports
NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:57 am
Fan Since: 1992

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby NumbersDontLie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 am

Aces Aces wrote:This is what the Aces need on their campus.

https://amp.courierpress.com/amp/105862 ... ssion=true


The walk through is nice. I still don't think it matches up with their claims. The reports are that it will hold 4,700 including the suites. The arena depicted in that would have to be closer to 6-8k, in my opinion.

The Vadalabene Center (SIU-E) holds just over 4,000, with very little endzone seating. The Show Me Center (SE MO) holds 7,300. I have been to both for basketball games before. The new PAC looks a whole lot closer to the SEMO arena than SIUE. It just looks to me that the digital walk through is embellished slightly to make it look larger than what the finished product will be.

svmar10
Road Tripper
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:34 am
Fan Since: 1965

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby svmar10 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Will I be able to go see Elton John or Aerosmith there?

bikerace
Road Tripper
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:51 pm
Fan Since: 1963

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby bikerace » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:53 pm

No but you could have went to ford center they were there, but I am sure you weren't happy with that either, they could do smaller concerts there were lucky for a city the size of Evansville to have 2 nice venue's to go to.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 am
Fan Since: 1971

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby Aces & Eights » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:10 pm

bikerace wrote:No but you could have went to ford center they were there, but I am sure you weren't happy with that either, they could do smaller concerts there were lucky for a city the size of Evansville to have 2 nice venue's to go to.

Or Roberts Stadium!

svmar10
Road Tripper
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:34 am
Fan Since: 1965

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby svmar10 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:15 pm

I did, I was, as I was with Jeff Dunham at the Victory, and Jim Gaffigan at The ONEP.

svmar10
Road Tripper
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:34 am
Fan Since: 1965

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby svmar10 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Heck, when it gets a little warmer I'm going to walk the wiener dogs on the Roberts grave site, I'll be happy then also.

User avatar
E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 am
Fan Since: 1967
Location: Under the Ohio River

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby E-Villan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 pm

Illinois State drew approximately 7K for our game yesterday. Taste of Redbird..not actually eating Cardinals, but featuring food booths from around Blo-No a couple of hours before the game.

You would think whoever does our promotions would at least look what other MVC schools are doing if nothing else. This lack of any effort is what is maddening.

AcesChamps6571
Road Tripper
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Fan Since: 1965
Location: Evansville

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby AcesChamps6571 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:56 pm

E-Villan wrote:Illinois State drew approximately 7K for our game yesterday. Taste of Redbird..not actually eating Cardinals, but featuring food booths from around Blo-No a couple of hours before the game.

You would think whoever does our promotions would at least look what other MVC schools are doing if nothing else. This lack of any effort is what is maddening.


For that size of crowd, it didn't seem very loud. Maybe 50 fouls called had something to do with that, or maybe their fans tasted too much food pre game and were like me after Thanksgiving dinner. :)

User avatar
6th man
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 pm
Fan Since: 1964

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby 6th man » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Had some thoughts about Marty these past few weeks.
I believe we all have met Mrs Simmons and realize that she probably rules the roost
I may have place too much blame on Marty playing Blake as many minutes.
All the married guys know... happy wife happy life.
As a father of two boys and 1 daughter, It's my wish for them to succeed in their endeavors
and I will or would give them any and every chance possible to achieve their dreams.

That being said I think Marty has done wonders with this team.
As riddled with injuries the team has bought into the next man theory and has had some
success and have been proficient and gain some great experience.
They have been better @ spacing which helps in producing open shots in the offense.
Frederking has advance his play to the collegiate level. Hall is being successful.
It's great to see Marty playing DC with Hall or with DT or Kuhlman with either of them

I still believe this is the end of the Simmons era @UE. I hope that Marty can continue his career at
a D1 school. Hopefully he will leave on his terms. It is time for a fresh outlook on UE basketball

GoAces
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:00 pm
Fan Since: 1984

Re: Ramblings on a Sunday

Postby purpleredbird » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 pm

AcesChamps6571 wrote:
E-Villan wrote:Illinois State drew approximately 7K for our game yesterday. Taste of Redbird..not actually eating Cardinals, but featuring food booths from around Blo-No a couple of hours before the game.

You would think whoever does our promotions would at least look what other MVC schools are doing if nothing else. This lack of any effort is what is maddening.


For that size of crowd, it didn't seem very loud. Maybe 50 fouls called had something to do with that, or maybe their fans tasted too much food pre game and were like me after Thanksgiving dinner. :)


Taste of Redbird is an annual event during basketball season. It is a takeoff on the Taste of Chicago event during the summer in the Windy City. You buy $1 tickets at the door and cash them in for food from a large number of local eateries. ISU typically schedules it on a weekend that does not draw as well. They utilize their old basketball arena (Horton Fieldhouse) to host the event. Horton is a bit of an all purpose space anymore that is used mostly for practices by non-revenue sports and is open to the general student population. It gives them a very nice place to have it (probably a 2 minute walk to Redbird Arena). Many families / casual ISU fans make a tradition of it every year.

I completely agree that UE struggles with having events like this.

The crowd was dead for a lot of the 2nd half, mostly because the officials did not allow any continuity during the game. I don't argue much about calling the game close as long as they are consistent, which I thought they pretty much were. It does make it hard for the casual fan to get into the game though.


Return to “The Aces”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests