Ondra Berry is a Harrison High grad.To bad he's not on the selection board

acefan
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1962

Re: UE President Search Committee

Postby acefan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:38 am

Aces & Eights wrote:
acefan wrote:
muni cup14 wrote:If this is the same Ondra Berry I remember he went to Harrison High and excelled In Basketball and Football

Ondra Berry????? I don't see the name Ondra Berry anywhere on either of the lists.

Brigadier General Ondra Berry ('80)

Sorry!! Totally overlooked a couple times.....must be my age!

fg4ster
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1986

Postby fg4ster » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Just got this press release on the new UE President:

"The University of Evansville has appointed Christopher M. Pietruszkiewicz (petra-skev-ich) as the 24th president of the institution."

I liked this sentence, which was buried in the fourteenth paragraph:

"Pietruszkiewicz was an NCAA and high school basketball official and worked with Special Olympics Virginia and Special Olympics Louisiana."

UE0958
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1976

Postby UE0958 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:33 am

His wife has as well been a NCAA and HS Basketball official - so let’s just assume they like the sport. Let’s hope they love the sport and encourage the student body to embrace the Aces.

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Postby GoAcesgo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:34 am

I wonder if he was consulted before the coaching change?

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:16 am

GoAcesgo wrote:I wonder if he was consulted before the coaching change?

Not sure, but something has drastically changed from the University.

We all complained how it seemed everyone associated with the program, or even athletics, was just going through the motions. In the last few weeks, it has been as if a heavy weight has been lifted off of these folks..Spencer, Lance, Pease, are all running around like giddy school kids, unlike anything we had seen up to this point. I have a hard time believing it was strictly replacing Marty with Walter.

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:42 am

GoAcesgo wrote:I wonder if he was consulted before the coaching change?

Unlikely given the timeline. There were probably still 3-10 finalists the day Marty was let go. What do you do, survey all of them?
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

211N-69
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 211N-69 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:58 am

I recall when I was a student at UE in the late 60s, they changed presidents and everybody made a big deal out of it except for the students. We were all saying, "who the hell is that and why do we care?"

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:29 am

I understand that UE is giving an instant Bachelor of Languages degree to anyone who can spell, and pronounce, the name of the new President.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:09 pm

UE0958 wrote:His wife has as well been a NCAA and HS Basketball official - so let’s just assume they like the sport. Let’s hope they love the sport and encourage the student body to embrace the Aces.

I think all of us on this forum that post regularly should be ecstatic with all the developments the last month.
First with the firing, then with hiring of Walter who wants to play fast and now hiring a President who is interested in basketball as well as his wife. For Aces basketball fans it simply cannot be much better than this!!!! Now it appears Walter is just about to get a couple of pretty solid assistant coaches to boot.

We have been in such a valley for so long it feels so good as a donor and long time season ticket holder that the powers to be are listening to the fans, the community and that they had to guts to make the move and "NOT THINK SMALL" when making the move which had to be made.

Most of us wish Marty and his staff the best as I know I do. But we all know it was time for a change. I hope the season tickets continue to sell, the donations come in as well as changes we have all asked for during the games to make them more exciting besides just the style of play.

We are finally in for a good ride as Aces fans it does appear !
Go Aces !!!

Return to “The Aces”