Re: Game Thread: Aces @ Valpo 1/24 @ 7 pm

Postby muni cup14 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:25 pm

Showed me today thag Drake is better than us,even though we lost

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:06 pm

muni cup14 wrote:Showed me today thag Drake is better than us,even though we lost

Would you like to explain why you think this?

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Aces & Eights wrote:
muni cup14 wrote:Showed me today thag Drake is better than us,even though we lost

I would settle for how he thinks we lost.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 am

There are a lot of times the best team did not win a the game. And how many times have you heard people say the best team didn't win tonight. I've seen a lot of basketball games in my life and I think overall Drake is a better team than Evansville is. And if we meet them in the MVC tournament I think Drake will show everyone who is the better team I hope I am wrong but that's just my opinion

PurpleWhiskers
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:19 am

Aces & Eights wrote:

In head to head competition, UE and Drake have played twice. Drake won by 16 the first time. UE won by 4 yesterday. Combined, Drake won 154-142 and is two games ahead of UE in the MVC standings. None of that is definitive on the question of who is better but there it is anyway.

But, you always have the Transitive Property of Sports to fall back on. It shows clearly that UE is not only better than Drake but also better than Duke.

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.c ... 8&method=0

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 am

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
Aces & Eights wrote:

In head to head competition, UE and Drake have played twice. Drake won by 16 the first time. UE won by 4 yesterday. Combined, Drake won 154-142 and is two games ahead of UE in the MVC standings. None of that is definitive on the question of who is better but there it is anyway.

But, you always have the Transitive Property of Sports to fall back on. It shows clearly that UE is not only better than Drake but also better than Duke.

In the spirit of "Transitive Property of Sports" I think it showed that Drake fared better in the cool and rain on the road than the Aces did in the cold, freezing rain, and snow. Should be a good game in St. Louis should that occur.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:51 am

muni cup14 wrote:There are a lot of times the best team did not win a the game. And how many times have you heard people say the best team didn't win tonight. I've seen a lot of basketball games in my life and I think overall Drake is a better team than Evansville is. And if we meet them in the MVC tournament I think Drake will show everyone who is the better team I hope I am wrong but that's just my opinion

Well, what the game last night showed was that Drake was 9 points better than we were in the SECOND half. I was not pleased with our performance in the second half, and posted at the time that I thought the Aces would have to gut out a win in the end. I think most of us would agree that if Drake would have played with the same conviction in the first half that they did in the second half, we would not have won the game. But that was just one game on one night in January. Who knows what will happen the next time they play. I must admit though, that if it were to happen, I probably wouldn't put much money on the Aces.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:46 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
Aces & Eights wrote:

That is a fantastic and hilarious tool...thanks for sharing the link.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:21 am

Come Arch Madness time i hope our Aces prove
that im not very smart. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AcesChamps6571
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1965

Postby AcesChamps6571 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:12 am

Purple Whiskers,
That is a great link.
I discovered that the Aces were better than all the NCAA Champions of the past decade, and not only that, but UE and even Oakland City, were better than the Kentucky team that was undefeated going into the Final Four 3 years ago.
And both IU and Purdue were better than Alabama in football this past season. Lol

Return to “The Aces”