Bulldogs @ the Aces

Discussions of all the Aces sports
6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Bulldogs @ the Aces

Postby 6th man » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:15 pm

UE will retire 8 Jersey this Saturday @the 1 pm Men's Basketball vs the Drake Bulldogs. Arad and Crews will honored altthough I'm not sure how they do that for Coachs

Aces on 1/22 posted ,... Saturday, January 27, the jerseys of Hugh Ahlering, Brad Leaf, Marty Simmons, Scott Shreffler, Andy Elkins, Marcus Wilson, Arad McCutchan, and Jim Crews will be retired when the University of Evansville men's basketball team takes on Drake at 1 p.m. at the Ford Center.

http://gopurpleaces.com/news/2017/12/18 ... ption.aspx

Play like the team did in Valpo...Aces could honor these recipients with a victory...Play like anything else and ...
1/22 was the last I heard of it anything local going on???

GoAces
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1992

Re: Bulldogs @ the Aces

Postby NumbersDontLie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 am

I saw on Twitter that the athletics department is running shuttle busses at 12 and 12:30 to run students downtown.

Hopefully that means a good student section and crowd.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:27 am

All 20 of them :lol: :lol:

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:30 am

I would certainly like to see more of the lineup and offensive attack we saw in the final 6-7 minutes of the first half against Valpo. I thought that was some of our best play in the whole MVC season. In my eyes, that was what won the game.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:31 am

The next four games for the Aces I expect to be close...they could win or lose any of them. If ever there was a time to get it together would be now...but I know our history all too well to get my hopes up. Sometimes I wonder if Marty ever remembers when his team plays well and why.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:55 am

letsgoAces wrote: Sometimes I wonder if Marty ever remembers when his team plays well and why.

If past history is any indication, the answer is a resounding no.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 am

Tom Servo wrote:
letsgoAces wrote: Sometimes I wonder if Marty ever remembers when his team plays well and why.

One of his main problems is that too often he plays to not lose, rather than to play to win.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 am

NumbersDontLie wrote:I saw on Twitter that the athletics department is running shuttle busses at 12 and 12:30 to run students downtown.

Hopefully that means a good student section and crowd.

I don’t know on that. I mean, I have seen some things before, and I believe acesup when he says that Marty alienates the students (in a previous thread). Without going into details, I had gotten a little taste of it before.

acecard wrote:
Tom Servo wrote:

One of his main problems is that too often he plays to not lose, rather than to play to win.

Very much true.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby sect.3purple » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:25 pm

acecard wrote:
Tom Servo wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The "playing not to lose" mode has kicked in to bring us many losses over the years. I saw the switch flipped during the Valpo game toward the end...we had been playing hard, fast...and we were ahead...and then we started walking the ball up the floor and started our usual slow dribble and pass game....I know we were in a time-eating situation and we were trying to hold on to our lead, but when we do that without any direction to make a basket and we do it at a slow pace we often turn the b all over, and we did that often during the closing minutes of the game - only thing that saved us was that Valpo couldn't score when they did get the ball.

Speed and Energy won that game - overachieving on a team that has fairly average skills - energy defends ,energy rebounds, energy steals, energy drives, ....now if we can up our shooting accuracy to that of our free throw- shooting accuracy we will be an energy-driven team that will win a lot of games!

Atlanta Ace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Atlanta Ace » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Vegas line: Aces -5.5
Let's get this McCarty Party started.

Return to “The Aces”