Bulldogs @ the Aces

Discussions of all the Aces sports
letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Bulldogs @ the Aces

Postby letsgoAces » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Nice revenge game for the Aces. In the hopes of not ending up in the cellar I think will take 2 more conference victories. 5 more wins gives Evansville a shot on not playing a Thursday night game but I doubt that will happen. Let's focus on winning the next game.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Great win!

Frederking was definitely mvp today. I keep saying it but the kid has got to play. He is smart and can make things happen. I thought Taylor had a better game today but he still forces it too much at times. A simple kick out will probably lead to an open three or layup. He did hit some huge shots down the stretch that iced it.

Thought Hall played pretty well, needs to keep getting consistent minutes. Blake had a really good game too. He gives us all that he has and had one of his best games all around today.

It’s going to take some serious work to avoid Thurs night but today is certainly a step in the right direction.

Also I will say, I thought they did a really good job with the jersey thing. The Ford Center looks much better with those banners up there.

Keep it up!
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

Purp
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1974

Postby Purp » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:03 pm

The game has finally slowed down for Frederking. He looks very confident out there, and I expect big things from him going forward.

klinky
Head Cheerleader

Postby klinky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Purp wrote:The game has finally slowed down for Frederking. He looks very confident out there, and I expect big things from him going forward.

It may not have been reported but Noah has also battled a foot issue this season. Part of his emergence recently may be due to recovering from that.

lawrencevgibson
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby lawrencevgibson » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:47 pm

This is the first time that I saw Marty Hill in a boot. Did I miss something?

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Postby CoachD88 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:54 pm

lawrencevgibson wrote:This is the first time that I saw Marty Hill in a boot. Did I miss something?

Has never recovered from early season foot injury.....believe done for year
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Postby CoachD88 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Was very proud of the way the boys battled and overcome adversity today. So proud of the "Boy From Illinois"! I will again step up and say I was completely wrong about Noah. His game has evolved and he seems to be gaining confidence with him self and hopefully...the rest of the team will have it in him as well. Glad to see us shooting the free throws the way we are. Sure helps in close games. Out-rebounded them and thought we battled on the boards pretty well. We had 20 turnovers and that is way too many and far too many by a couple of our key players (13 between them). Also a little concerned that DCs production has really fallen off. To close....we needed the win and got it, it was a good day in the Ford and now it is on to the Panthers....Go Aces!!!
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:38 pm

I enjoyed everything about the game today. Obviously first and foremost was the W. The atmosphere was better..nice crowd, more students, the band, the awesome half time tribute to well deserving Aces legends. I wish all games were like this !!

We got a nice win today without a few things which was positive..we got virtually no points in the paint from DC or DT and Dru had to sit out quite a bit due to foul trouble and getting banged up early in the game. I think him being knocked down hard early impacted his play today. I like the idea of having Dru two more years and Noah three. Noah has a high basketball IQ and knows how to score. As he gets in better shape and learns how to play defense he will be a go-to player before he is done, you can just see it and today it really showed, especially in the first half. He is solid at the line, can take to the hole and most importantly is not afraid and I see him being a leader on this team as he matures.

Nice job by the team and staff and fans for showing up and getting into the game for a change. Great atmosphere, need more of it.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:30 pm

ok UE provided a bus for about 30 students.Looked like it to me they
were on prozac.They didnt yell or anything

acesfan65
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1975

Postby acesfan65 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:02 am

Great game very glad that I went. The halftime was pretty sweet too.
We owned the first half, despite how the game started, 5-0 them and their game plan of taking Dru out of the game by running him over (and getting the call their way, but I'm not going to waste my time on the refs).
The atmosphere was much improved with the band being there, and the students. I saw other students in the stands, but not really into the game.
Blake had another great game and Noah has arrived.

Return to “The Aces”