Bulldogs @ the Aces

Discussions of all the Aces sports
sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Re: Bulldogs @ the Aces

Postby sect.3purple » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:11 pm

20 turnovers.....just will cost us a lot of games in the future....Taylor must start being a great passer as well as a great shooter. His dribbling the ball and also careless passing often result in turnovers. He has to be more focused on protecting the ball and making crisp passes rather than just thinking about shooting. Also, we turn the ball over much less often when we play fast, instead of walking the ball up the floor making it easier for presses to cause a turnover.,.,..,we make ourselves sitting ducks ....have to play faster and make the other team think more about where that basketball is headed down the court rather than just making the distance between the two guys bringing the ball down such a great hunting ground for an errant pass. faster, energetic and strongly focused - that is how to break a press in my opinion - but then, I am certainly no coach....just makes common sense to me. I am afraid every team we face will press us, and early, from now on, so we have to play smarter to retain possession and keep scoring.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:36 pm

CoachD88 wrote:
lawrencevgibson wrote:This is the first time that I saw Marty Hill in a boot. Did I miss something?

Has never recovered from early season foot injury.....believe done for year

If he is done for the year, that is too bad for several reasons.

Is he eligible to apply for a medical red-shirt since he has already played in 10 games?
Last edited by Austin Ace on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:23 am

As of now,we are a much better team without KJ running the point.
To much dribbling ane not enough passing.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces & Eights » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:04 am

According to the records on GoPurpleAces, Hill has played in 9 games. His last game played was against Bradley on 1/16/18. That game was the 15th D1 game of the season. Should the Aces only play 1 game in St. Louis, they will have played 30 D1 games. It appears he would qualify as a medical redshirt based on both of options list below.

"A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury, known as a medical redshirt. A hardship waiver may be granted to those athletes who sustain a major injury while appearing in less than 30% of team competitions, nor can they have participated after the midpoint of a season. For the purposes of eligibility, players granted such a waiver are treated as though they did not compete in that season."

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:31 am

Aces & Eights wrote:According to the records on GoPurpleAces, Hill has played in 9 games. His last game played was against Bradley on 1/16/18. That game was the 15th D1 game of the season. Should the Aces only play 1 game in St. Louis, they will have played 30 D1 games. It appears he would qualify as a medical redshirt based on both of options list below.

"A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury, known as a medical redshirt. A hardship waiver may be granted to those athletes who sustain a major injury while appearing in less than 30% of team competitions, nor can they have participated after the midpoint of a season. For the purposes of eligibility, players granted such a waiver are treated as though they did not compete in that season."

Thanks for the insight Aces & Eight. I has already assumed in my mind he would not be eligible as a redshirt, but according to what you wrote he may very well be. I think Marty is a very good player who could help the Aces...would hate for this year to have counted towards his eligibility.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:59 am

I'm guessing Boo is probably done for the year.
That what my sources have said.Hope they are wrong

evilleman
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1992

Postby evilleman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:47 am

I haven't been around as much as I'd like this year. Hopefully things start to slow down. Great win on Saturday. Was a great game and a great day for those that were honored at halftime. Hopefully we go on a little run here this next month to stay out of the Thursday game in STL. I think the league is so even this year that any of the 10 teams could get hot and win the tourney. Just think that number will be down to the 6 that don't play on Thursday. Wide open league sets up for a fun finish!

AcesChamps6571
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby AcesChamps6571 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 am

CoachD88 wrote:
muni cup14 wrote:ok UE provided a bus for about 30 students.Looked like it to me they
were on prozac.They didnt yell or anything

I completely agree....was so sad and disheartening to see the clips during halftime of crowds during the 70s, 80s and 90s and seeing how the crowds of today act.

It might be that the crowds of today are the same ones of us that were in the crowds of the 70s, 80s and 90s. :)

But a good point, the crowds used to really get into it. There was a term, " Rock Roberts." That was more than just a saying, the crowds really did rock.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am

muni cup14 wrote:As of now,we are a much better team without KJ running the point.

Their are plenty of deficits on the Aces team to point out. Yeah, KJ makes a few more turnovers than I wish. But in my mind he has blown away all the expectations I had for him when Evansville signed him. He was an incredibly late sign and no other offers. KJ, I first believed was nothing other than a warm body that would not see the light of day on the court. He has been a major surprise and without him I sincerely doubt the Aces would have as many wins. I look forward to his further development.
Last edited by letsgoAces on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces & Eights » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:22 am

letsgoAces wrote:
muni cup14 wrote:As of now,we are a much better team without KJ running the point.

Their are plenty of deficits on the Aces team to point out. Yeah, KJ makes a few more turnovers than I wish. But in mind he has blown away all the expectations I had for him when Evansville signed him. He was an incredibly late sign and no other offers. KJ, I first believed was nothing other than a warm body that would not see the light of day on the court. He has been a major surprise and without him I sincerely doubt the Aces would have as many wins without him. I look forward to his further development.

Me too. During the offseason I'm sure his point of emphasis workouts will be ball handling and developing his 3pt jump shot.

Return to “The Aces”