Who backs up KJ?

Discussions of all the Aces sports
kyace1
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1983

Who backs up KJ?

Postby kyace1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:28 am

In my opinion Dru is the best all around player on the team. Scoring, rebounding, defending, ball handling and toughness... he is an asset in all of those categories. My biggest concern about the time without Dru is ballhandling. If Boo and Dru are both out, that leaves KJ on an island. UNI is not an extremely athletic team (plus we were at home) and KJ had to work hard to bring the ball up. This leads me to this question... who steps in if KJ needs assistance in bringing the ball up or gets in foul trouble?

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Who backs up KJ?

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:58 pm

kyace1 wrote:In my opinion Dru is the best all around player on the team. Scoring, rebounding, defending, ball handling and toughness... he is an asset in all of those categories. My biggest concern about the time without Dru is ballhandling. If Boo and Dru are both out, that leaves KJ on an island. UNI is not an extremely athletic team (plus we were at home) and KJ had to work hard to bring the ball up. This leads me to this question... who steps in if KJ needs assistance in bringing the ball up or gets in foul trouble?

Frederking or Taylor

kyace1
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1983

Postby kyace1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:58 pm

I have not seen Frederking bring the ball up... he might be a good option. RT makes me nervous if he has to run the point. He seems a little shaky with ball pressure. Just hope KJ has no foul trouble or Boo is able to go.

PurpleAces
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1980

Postby PurpleAces » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:59 pm

That's easy Frederking. He can handle the ball. If anyone noticed the other night he was the only one that broke the press by dribbling to the top of the key. Everybody else stops and gets in trouble.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:56 pm

kyace1 wrote:In my opinion Dru is the best all around player on the team. Scoring, rebounding, defending, ball handling and toughness... he is an asset in all of those categories. My biggest concern about the time without Dru is ballhandling. If Boo and Dru are both out, that leaves KJ on an island. UNI is not an extremely athletic team (plus we were at home) and KJ had to work hard to bring the ball up. This leads me to this question... who steps in if KJ needs assistance in bringing the ball up or gets in foul trouble?

Blake is capable, according to Marty, to play point
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby sect.3purple » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Not Ryan....I love his shooting....but he has too many ball-handling turnovers now...can't imagine him being the man to bring the ball up most of our possessions.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

I agree that we are a little shaky in the ball handling department with both our primary ball handlers out. Certainly guys like Frederking and Ryan have to handle more of these duties. And like previously mentioned Blake is a capable ball handler. Depth at the point guard position is being tested. In the long run this will make us a better team - hopefully this year as well.

Return to “The Aces”