Silas Adheke

Discussions of all the Aces sports
E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Re: Silas Adheke

Postby E-Villan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:42 am

PurpleAces wrote:
tomace44 wrote:OK I don't really care if he stays or goes I just don't think he deserves all the blame for what is wrong with the program we are a small college we have always been a small college I have followed the ACES since I can remember and I am 73 years old I don't believe changing coaches is going to make any difference I believe we will never get back to where we all want to be the game is rigged against us

Well all I can say is this. With the attitude we can't be better than this we won't be. Take Butler, Wichita State, Northern Iowa( besides this season) etc.etc. Our basketball budget is pretty equall to everyone in the Valley. Yes we have a small college the same one we have had the past 100 something years blah blah blah. Walters and Crews knew how to do it. Yes the landscape has changed but it hasn't changed to where we can't compete. No reason we can't have fun basketball to watch. I feel like for me is if Marty would just change things up but after 11 years I know he is in capable of doing that.

I am going to play Switzerland. I think you both are right. Tomace is correct in that JUST changing coaches will not make a difference. We have to have a total commitment from the President, AD, Boosters, Media, etc.

Other than that, I am completely in line with PurpleAces. There are plenty of examples of programs that have excelled in the current landscape. All most of us is asking is to be competitive in the MVC (well within reach) and play some postseason on a somewhat regular basis. Postseason BTW is NIT or NCAA. Crews and Walters both did it in a tougher conference, and Arad ran circles around most of the programs that are in the MVC today. Those guys, along with our admins during those years approached everything with "in spite" of being a small college....now, the admins, coaches and even some of you are "because" we are a small college. We need the "In Spites" back in control.

tomace44
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1971

Postby tomace44 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:17 pm

I agree about commitment the problem is the people in charge couldn't care less about what we want they are globalists I saw an advertisement that UE ran for foreign students I haven't seen any for local students and we used to depend on them

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:20 pm

E-Villan wrote:
PurpleAces wrote:
tomace44 wrote:OK I don't really care if he stays or goes I just don't think he deserves all the blame for what is wrong with the program we are a small college we have always been a small college I have followed the ACES since I can remember and I am 73 years old I don't believe changing coaches is going to make any difference I believe we will never get back to where we all want to be the game is rigged against us

Well all I can say is this. With the attitude we can't be better than this we won't be. Take Butler, Wichita State, Northern Iowa( besides this season) etc.etc. Our basketball budget is pretty equall to everyone in the Valley. Yes we have a small college the same one we have had the past 100 something years blah blah blah. Walters and Crews knew how to do it. Yes the landscape has changed but it hasn't changed to where we can't compete. No reason we can't have fun basketball to watch. I feel like for me is if Marty would just change things up but after 11 years I know he is in capable of doing that.

I am going to play Switzerland. I think you both are right. Tomace is correct in that JUST changing coaches will not make a difference. We have to have a total commitment from the President, AD, Boosters, Media, etc.

Other than that, I am completely in line with PurpleAces. There are plenty of examples of programs that have excelled in the current landscape. All most of us is asking is to be competitive in the MVC (well within reach) and play some postseason on a somewhat regular basis. Postseason BTW is NIT or NCAA. Crews and Walters both did it in a tougher conference, and Arad ran circles around most of the programs that are in the MVC today. Those guys, along with our admins during those years approached everything with "in spite" of being a small college....now, the admins, coaches and even some of you are "because" we are a small college. We need the "In Spites" back in control.

That's just saying.... Make UE Great Again! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

Return to “The Aces”