Re: Mo. St game

Postby muni cup14 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:07 am

Because he's horrible :roll: :roll:

Aces22
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1986

Postby Aces22 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:18 am

Our offense is has no post-up, few driving options, and we don't take enough 3s. We rarely try for an offensive rebound and don't look to score in transition enough.

Our offense is designed to get mid-range jump shots primarilyx which is the worst shot in basketball according to analytics. It's out-dated, most recruits won't want to run it, and easier to guard than in the Bob Knight era.

We don't recruit the necessary athletes to consistently be in the top half of the league, that will not change under Simmons. We are either happy with what this is, or make a change ND hope for better results. I am for the latter, because every coach runs his course at a school, Marry is well past his.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:29 am

muni cup14 wrote:On a lighter side.UConn women beat Wichita St 124-43
Bet they wish they were back in the MVC
I

I doubt it. I think there is a stone and glass house story here....

UConn is the most dominant and storied women's basketball program period. I am sure the Lady Shockers RPI actually went up by stepping on the court with them, similar to what happened to us with Duke. Meanwhile, our women's team is taking similar beatdowns against freaking Drake and Bradley.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:07 am

Any prognosis on Dru available ....
It's a good time to be an Aces fan

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:21 am

Aces1982 wrote:Reading this board is comical.
The ups and downs some of the posters go through.
Some of you need to get away from the monster drinks and not post till 24 hours after a win or loss.
A win Sunday will have everyone feeling great and avoiding Thursday.
Refs had ZERO to do with the outcome. ZERO.
Marty needs to go after this year is about the only consistent thing posted on this board. Some are like Jeylel and Hyde.
For the record, Marty has done a great job this year. He still needs to go but this year has been one of his best coaching years at UE.

The refs had "ZERO" to do with the outcome? So the several phantom fouls on MVC leading scorer Ryan Taylor which cost him as much as 22 minutes of court time (his first foul-out of the season) and leaving him 18 points behind the scoring average of his last two games (both 30+) not to mention the loss of his rebounds (13 of them in the previous two games) had ZERO to do with the outcome? You must be Nostradamus because I don't believe that is knowable to the lecturing certainty you exhibit. But Marty does need to go, with or without a monster drink you got that right.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 am

muni cup14 wrote:We competed the first 15 minutes of game.If i remember correctly we were
only down 1 or 2 with about 5 minutes left in the half.
Also,why is everone so pissed off.Im supprised going into this game
we were 16-10overall,and 6-7 in conference.Almost everyone on this
board predicted a low finish this year. By the way the conferences this year I believe almost any team probably except for Northern Iowa in Valparaiso can win the conference Championship including the aces

It wasn't the first 15 minutes that I was worried about. It was the following 25 minutes that made me want to throw up.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader

Postby E-Villan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:35 am

I didn't see the game, and refuse to go back and watch it, but there is no question the officiating this year across the league has been horrendous. The refs may have affected the game yesterday, but they didn't lose it for us. If anyone is going to think that, then you might as well say we beat Valpo because of the refs. That free throw disparity was alarming, and I don't buy it was all because we were going inside all night, and Valpo wasn't.

Simply put, too many whistles are killing the flow of the game.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:25 pm

E-Villan wrote:I didn't see the game, and refuse to go back and watch it, but there is no question the officiating this year across the league has been horrendous. The refs may have affected the game yesterday, but they didn't lose it for us. If anyone is going to think that, then you might as well say we beat Valpo because of the refs. That free throw disparity was alarming, and I don't buy it was all because we were going inside all night, and Valpo wasn't.

Simply put, too many whistles are killing the flow of the game.

You may not buy it, your privilege, but statistics aren't on your side. When a team lives by the 3-pt shot like Valpo you should expect free throw disparities. Shooting from and driving into crowds (an annual Aces game plan) is how fouls are called one way or the other. Basketball 101. But you are correct, too many whistles kill the flow of the game.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader

Postby E-Villan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 pm

I just get an icky feeling when you only beat the last place team at home by 4, with a 23-5 free throw advantage.

Looks like the Valpo beatwriter is weighing in on the subject of Valley officiating. Before anyone goes sideways, it is a good piece and balanced. He spends plenty of time discussing Valpo's deficiencies. It's a good talking point. The Valpo posters are balanced on this as well. Well, everyone except the UNI Rage Monkey who felt the need to lecture them on their own board.

http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index ... pic=3090.0

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:29 pm

This my take on the officiating. MVC has the same officials as the Big 10 and other conferences .So I'm guessing MVC players make it more obvious that there is a foul because I've seen the same officials called Big Ten games and they don't make those calls

Return to “The Aces”