Mo. St game

Discussions of all the Aces sports
muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1219
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 am
Fan Since: 1980

Mo. St game

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:40 am

People this is a very pivotal game for us come seeding time.
If the boys can pull this game off we have a good chance of
avoiding a play in game.With Lusk on thr HOT SEAT they are
going to play hard.Look what they did to Ind. St. at Ind. St.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: Mo. St game

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:50 am

No State was impressive against ISU and perhaps now back on track. Even with Dru wining this game in Springfield would be a tall order. Don't see it happening but that is why they play the game.

acesfan27
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:16 pm
Fan Since: 1991

Re: Mo. St game

Postby acesfan27 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:39 am

Just Need other guys to step up and help Taylor yes his stroke is back but Blake is a senior and needs to have himself a game again after being quiet against Valpo if DC can have himself a similar game that he had the first time against Mo State that could give us an advantage if we had Dru I think we could pull it out but we don't so it is what it is but proud of the way our guys have played without him I think with MO State winning at IND State they could be hot but with Lusk as their coach you never know which team is going to show up either the one that won big at IND State or the one that got embarresed at home against The Red Birds we shall see regardless I think our best is yet to come go Aces!

Ad1770
Road Tripper
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:25 pm
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Mo. St game

Postby Ad1770 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:21 am

acesfan27 wrote:Just Need other guys to step up and help Taylor yes his stroke is back but Blake is a senior and needs to have himself a game again after being quiet against Valpo if DC can have himself a similar game that he had the first time against Mo State that could give us an advantage if we had Dru I think we could pull it out but we don't so it is what it is but proud of the way our guys have played without him I think with MO State winning at IND State they could be hot but with Lusk as their coach you never know which team is going to show up either the one that won big at IND State or the one that got embarresed at home against The Red Birds we shall see regardless I think our best is yet to come go Aces!


Punctuation would be nice.

On a serious note, MSU is the only team that we have a winning record against under Marty. Not taking the two new ones into consideration because Loyola has only been in four years, and Valpo is a HL team right now. That means that under Marty, they have beaten them in games that they shouldn’t have. Don’t know if they can do it again, but we never know.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

svmar10
Road Tripper
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:34 am
Fan Since: 1965

Re: Mo. St game

Postby svmar10 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Winning;
3 of the last 5 regular season games will probably keep us away from Thursday.
2 of 5, means Thursday not to mention we couldn't compete in St Louis regardless.
4 of 5, would indicate maybe we could string 3 together in St Louis.

Rambling... I'm planning on seeing the first NCAA team to get a bid 3/3/18 night, the OVC championship in The Ford, and driving over to see UE win their bid Sunday. (no one wake me up, I'm having a good dream).

User avatar
pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:17 pm
Fan Since: 2003
Location: Evansville

Re: Mo. St game

Postby pafan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Ad1770 wrote:On a serious note, MSU is the only team that we have a winning record against under Marty. Not taking the two new ones into consideration because Loyola has only been in four years, and Valpo is a HL team right now. That means that under Marty, they have beaten them in games that they shouldn’t have.


There's an element of luck there. One season, perhaps 2013, UE played MSU 3 times (including at Arch Madness) and won in overtime all three times. If I remember right, in one of those three games, UE won by 12 and held MSU scoreless in the extra period.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

Ad1770
Road Tripper
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:25 pm
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Mo. St game

Postby Ad1770 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 pm

pafan wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:On a serious note, MSU is the only team that we have a winning record against under Marty. Not taking the two new ones into consideration because Loyola has only been in four years, and Valpo is a HL team right now. That means that under Marty, they have beaten them in games that they shouldn’t have.


There's an element of luck there. One season, perhaps 2013, UE played MSU 3 times (including at Arch Madness) and won in overtime all three times. If I remember right, in one of those three games, UE won by 12 and held MSU scoreless in the extra period.


My numbers did not include tournament games in St. Louis. Strictly conference regular season games.

Edit: This was actually the team that surprised me that we had a winning record against under Marty. I thought .500, but going into conference play the record was either 12-8 or 11-9. I don’t have that sheet in front of me.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 789
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:23 pm
Fan Since: 1971

Re: Mo. St game

Postby sect.3purple » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:01 pm

II base my basketball predictions on my emotions,.. I can't recruit, can't teach fundamentals, can't coach, ....so I rely on attitude and effort as my inspiration for good play from my ACES. I know that we don't have a big star except for Ryan (and I think he is such an outstanding shooter - and improving on defense - that he could play anywhere, so glad he's an Ace); and Dru is out, but we DO have several players who bring their individual positives to the game. So with Ryan hot, and the rest of the team utilizing their talents in driving the ball (KJ), shooting/making 3's (Blake, Noah, Evan), rebounding, blocking, bring-down the roof dunks (DC), and focused ball handling and passing and tenacious defense by everyone on the team, plus great free-throw shooting.....WITH A Winning Attitude and Tough, Energized Effort, even with Dru out , this TEAM can be a superior team when put up against any MVC opponent....

So, I am watching for that team attitude and effort to carry us to a victory on Saturday! Play hard, play tough, play with energy and DO WHAT YOU CAN DO, ACES! "Can Do" combined with attitude and energized effort will win a lot of games....let's be the team who elevates our Can Do to make us a winning team and leave these close losses behind us.

User avatar
6th man
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1233
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 pm
Fan Since: 1964

Re: Mo. St game

Postby 6th man » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm

WHAT SHE SAID!!................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aces open @+5.5, the underdog. Hold Alize and let the rest of the MSU try to beat the Aces


GoAces
It's a good time to be an Aces fan

User avatar
6th man
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1233
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 pm
Fan Since: 1964

Re: Mo. St game

Postby 6th man » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Vegas odds up to +7 for the Aces. Contain Johnson and force the Bears to play the Aces game plan, Vegas could be wrong
It's a good time to be an Aces fan


Return to “The Aces”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 1 guest