Discussions of all the Aces sports
muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Re: What the Aces need to do to avoid the play-in game

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:20 am

[quote="muni cup14"]Depending on Drus statis,im guessing we will go
1-3 or 0-4.Lose in the first or second round of the Tournement.Then the
AD will welcome Marty ball back another year.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:19 am

Not a snowball chance avoiding Thursday...will be fortunate to win even one remaining game. Most of know that now and knew it well before the season started. Let's just see how things pan out and hope to be wrong. I will be at Arch Madness regardless.

PurpleAces
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1980

Postby PurpleAces » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:50 am

Quite frankly it doesn't matter. We are going to play Thursday and lose early. Even if we get hot and win the whole thing then we could get a 14 seed and get blown away. This season like many is shot. I hope we don't play Dru the rest of the year and let him heal 100%. Can't wait to see the same thing in year 12.

Atlanta Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Atlanta Ace » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 am

Thursday night is our destiny. Dilly Dilly!
Let's get this McCarty Party started.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:55 am

Atlanta Ace wrote:Thursday night is our destiny. Dilly Dilly!

Dilly Dilly, indeed. LOL :lol:

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:15 am

I put in my requests to take a vacation day Thursday March 1st today.

Looking forward to paying $109 for 12 Bud Lights at Scottrade, and then being sent to the pit of misery by my pocketbook.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1992

Postby NumbersDontLie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:04 pm

You can’t spell ‘Thursday game’ without an M-a-r-t-y. Lol

I had hoped UE turned a corner, but it has been one step forward and two back. This year will be the 5th Thursday appearance in 11 years. The troubling stat is that it will be the 3rd in 5 years - Sandwiched around the best group of talent he ever had.

New practice facility. New arena. Destination tournaments in California and Cancun. Recent success in 20+ win seasons.

Yet there still is an unused scholarship this year and not much discussion of filling the 3 open scholarships. It will be probably another case of hearing things like ‘only D1 offer’ with our recruits again.

The message (or messenger) just doesn’t seem to be clicking recently.

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader

Postby sect.3purple » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 pm

I think t is very telling that our main topic of discussion on this site (home of many true Aces fans) is "how to stay out of the Thursday game in St. Louis, Most interest, as well as hope, of playing later than Friday, or even winning 1 remaining game this year, has died......a lot of emptiness and frustration in another lost season.....empty FC seats, a student section you could fit into a van, no band at most games, a dance team that has dwindled to 5, and rapidly falling hope/following for this team....I am sad, frustrated, and angry, and I may upset some people who read this...I write this not to upset. I write it as a plea from just a regular fan (long-term and loyal)....a plea to the powers-that-be ....

Be strong enough to make the changes needed to save this basketball program!

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm

sect.3purple wrote:I think t is very telling that our main topic of discussion on this site (home of many true Aces fans) is "how to stay out of the Thursday game in St. Louis, Most interest, as well as hope, of playing later than Friday, or even winning 1 remaining game this year, has died......a lot of emptiness and frustration in another lost season.....empty FC seats, a student section you could fit into a van, no band at most games, a dance team that has dwindled to 5, and rapidly falling hope/following for this team....I am sad, frustrated, and angry, and I may upset some people who read this...I write this not to upset. I write it as a plea from just a regular fan (long-term and loyal)....a plea to the powers-that-be ....

Be strong enough to make the changes needed to save this basketball program!

I would have to agree. It's 11 years and counting under the current staff and almost 20 years over the last two regimes and the situation is not improving. Things are stagnant or in decline whether that is the excitement of Aces basketball, number of fans, number of quality wins, number of great recruits, exciting brand of basketball, etc..etc..

Aces Aces
Ford Center Regular

Postby Aces Aces » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 pm

It's a sad state of affairs.....

Going back to being at Roberts Stadium and watching Sloan, Humes, Briley, Watkins, Grieger, Williams, Buse.......and on and on thru the years, I Never in my wildest dreams would Ever think the once great Aces basketball program would sink to this sad level.

Return to “The Aces”