Aces @ UNI

Discussions of all the Aces sports
AcesHigh
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1954

Re: Aces @ UNI

Postby AcesHigh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 am

If a coaching change is made this year it must be done quickly to ensure quality D-1 recruits are signed this Spring. If our Administration sits on their duffs the pain will continue for some time. We have the outside game if everyone returns who is eligible but we cannot be successful without a strong 3-4-5 lineup and we don’t have that now.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 am

muni cup14 wrote:What ever happened to KJ driving to the basket.

It's been shut down. The MVC teams are good enough at scouting it doesn't take them long to figure out how to stop someone who cannot make a jump shot. We've seen it before with Gibson, Lacey, and Troy Taylor. Recruit a player who cannot shoot and this is what happens.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

Atlanta Ace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Atlanta Ace » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am

E-Villan wrote:Our guys just didn't execute tonight. I thought we practiced hard and were ready...but give Coach Jacobson credit, he has strong team, and they know how to win down the stretch. Gosh Darnit, it's just hard to win on the road in this league. It is so balanced, and night in and night out, these teams will give you everything they got. I thought Blake played very well tonight. Yes, he only had 2 points, but he was faced with some tenacious defense throughout. He does so many things right during a game that you don't notice. Wouldn't have even been in it without that. I thought Ryan Taylor did ok, the hell of it though, if he wasn't sick, he could have gotten over 30, which would have got us the win, so he really needs to pick his sick days on days we don't have games.

Imposter!

Someone hacked into E-Villan's PAF account!
Let's get this McCarty Party started.

evilleman
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1992

Postby evilleman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:28 am

That was brutally tough to watch. From both sides. Just a rock fight. Yuck.

svmar10
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby svmar10 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 am

For the record, Jim Crews played a 6 man rotation, rarely a sophomore, never a freshman, and dunks were frowned upon. The game changed, he refused to, and we were exactly where we are now, stuck in the mud.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:52 am

Aces making a strong bid for last place....may very well happen as many of us forecasted before the season.

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:20 am

svmar10 wrote:For the record, Jim Crews played a 6 man rotation, rarely a sophomore, never a freshman, and dunks were frowned upon. The game changed, he refused to, and we were exactly where we are now, stuck in the mud.

This has to be in the running for Most Inaccurate Post of the year.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 am

svmar10 wrote:For the record, Jim Crews played a 6 man rotation, rarely a sophomore, never a freshman, and dunks were frowned upon. The game changed, he refused to, and we were exactly where we are now, stuck in the mud.

If you call 4 NCAA tournaments and 2 NIT's stuck in the mud, I don't really know what to tell you. If that's truly your opinion about it, I'm done talking about this because there is no reasoning to be had. I think you need to actually sit down and watch some of his teams play before you make such silly statements. On some of his best teams he had freshman in the starting lineup! Scott Shreffler, Reed Jackson, Adam Seitz, Andy Elkins, Chris Mack, Clint Keown, all either started or played major minutes as freshman on NCAA teams, so that statement was false. In addition to that I remember Kyle Runyan, Craig Snow, and Casebier playing a ton of minutes as both freshman and sophomores. Snow was the 2nd best player on the 99 team as a Soph.

Obviously you don't remember Brian Hill or Hupmann if you think dunks were frowned upon.

I can agree with you the 6 man rotation. Yes, he didn't use the bench much. However, I've seen him bench guys on multiple occasions who didn't show up to play and put in a reserve to prove a point. When has Marty ever done this?

His last year - year and a half were not good, I do agree there. He quit recruiting.
Last edited by Tom Servo on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:41 am

Aces44 wrote:

This has to be in the running for Most Inaccurate Post of the year.

Has my vote.....wow...let's rewrite history, shall we.

PurpleAces
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1980

Postby PurpleAces » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 am

Wow is about all I can say. Not only is this the most inaccurate it's probably the most ignorant comment I have seen on here.

Return to “The Aces”