Aces @ UNI

Discussions of all the Aces sports
IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Aces @ UNI

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Tom Servo wrote:For the record, with the exception of Crews very weak teams towards the end, his teams never played liked this on offense. Never. They attacked. They got abused on the boards and on D at times. But he had teams that could shoot and score except his last year or so. I’ve seen a lot of old Crews games and the shot clock is never even mentioned (45 and 35 both) in the ones I’ve seen as his teams were putting the ball up.

I have no clue where Marty gets his philosophy. It’s obviously not going to work. That was just plain ugly...no way around it. That’s all I’m going to say about it.

Spot On Tom +10

If Marty runs this system because he thinks it is the only or best option given his lack of talent, then it goes back to him because he is the one who has recruited the lack of talent. It's time for a change. UNI is as bad as they have been in years and we can't do any better than this? I know we are missing players and that hurts us, but would we have won the game with Boo? Or with Dru? Or with Soloman? Would we have done anything different, the answer is no. Other teams have players that are out or injured as well so you can't blame it all on injuries. We might have had Dru had he not been brought back at Mo State. How can the same doctors say someone is out 4 weeks and come back in 2? Another really disappointing year to be an Aces fan. I wish I had a bunch of money to make a big donation and help the change process get going.

NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1992

Postby NumbersDontLie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 pm

E-Villan wrote:Our guys just didn't execute tonight. I thought we practiced hard and were ready...but give Coach Jacobson credit, he has strong team, and they know how to win down the stretch. Gosh Darnit, it's just hard to win on the road in this league. It is so balanced, and night in and night out, these teams will give you everything they got. I thought Blake played very well tonight. Yes, he only had 2 points, but he was faced with some tenacious defense throughout. He does so many things right during a game that you don't notice. Wouldn't have even been in it without that. I thought Ryan Taylor did ok, the hell of it though, if he wasn't sick, he could have gotten over 30, which would have got us the win, so he really needs to pick his sick days on days we don't have games.

You forgot screen better and cut harder. Other than that it was a perfect explanation. Any team that scores more than 1 point per minute has done enough to win.

GA Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1986

Postby GA Ace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:34 pm

Someone on the UNI board posted that Taylor was "throwing up profusely in the trash can behind their (UE) bench during the under 8 timeout (of the first half)". Was anyone aware of this? I didn't see it on the ESPN3 feed and Kyle Peach didn't mention it on the radio. Shows the toughness and determination of RT to keep the game respectable almost by himself all while playing very ill.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 pm

No mention of it on the TV broadcast either.

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby sect.3purple » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:05 am

All my hope for Aces basketball is now that Ryan will return, Dru will heal and come back strong next year, and that the remainder of the team spends their summer practicing shooting. Then A new, enthusiastic coach recruits added talent and turns these guys loose with a hunger to be the team that turns Aces basketball around.

Sounds so simple, but some will say that is just too much to wish for "little ole Evansville" .... I say let's start working to make little ole Evansville a BIG Deal again. It's time!

acesfan27
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1991

Postby acesfan27 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 am

sect.3purple wrote:All my hope for Aces basketball is now that Ryan will return, Dru will heal and come back strong next year, and that the remainder of the team spends their summer practicing shooting. Then A new, enthusiastic coach recruits added talent and turns these guys loose with a hunger to be the team that turns Aces basketball around.

Sounds so simple, but some will say that is just too much to wish for "little ole Evansville" .... I say let's start working to make little ole Evansville a BIG Deal again. It's time!

Plus 1000 it is time and this is Indiana we don't settle for anything period Marty needs to get on the Camel and get going and the Ad and president need to find us a good young hungry coach who can fire us up with new ideas like Drake did they just look reenergized over there in Iowa.

Acepurple71
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Acepurple71 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:28 am

Aces44 wrote:The Box Score is disturbing...

3 Starters get 2 Pts... TWO!!!!!
1 Starter gets 0 Pts...

Weird stacked on Weird....

Plus how does any team not go to the foul line 1 time in a game. First half if the Aces breathed heavy on a player they would call a foul. 2nd half they didn't call anything at all. I am sorry but Valley Ref must be rejects from the SWAC. But there is No excuse for the Aces losing this game. NONE.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:40 am

What ever happened to KJ driving to the basket.

PurpleAces
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1980

Postby PurpleAces » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:51 am

On a positive note we lose absolutely nothing next year.

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:22 am

PurpleAces wrote:On a positive note we lose absolutely nothing next year.

Assuming RT0 comes back, that is absolutely correct. Our best lineup the whole season has been without a Senior on the floor. I believe a +/- stat would back this up, but I don’t have that data.

Return to “The Aces”