Booster Club

Discussions of all the Aces sports
E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Re: Booster Club

Postby E-Villan » Mon May 14, 2018 2:00 pm

So far, what has been done is pretty much just organizational to get the ball rolling. We did meet with both Mark Spencer and Sarah Solinsky to get their input, and insure anything we do is in compliance with both the university, as well as the NCAA.

The purpose of this is to provide a place for the average fan, (us), to get involved. Our goal is to build enthusiasm for the program, and enhance the game atmosphere, both at home and away.

This is not a booster club in the traditional form. We are not looking for money to throw around, nor will we have any involvement with recruits. Hopefully our impact on recruits will be when they see the atmosphere inside the Ford Center.

All are welcome, and input on how we achieve these objectives is certainly encouraged. We should have clarifications on our initial plans by the meeting, which we will share at that time. There are still a few compliance and logistical issues to work out.

acefan1963
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1963

Postby acefan1963 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:26 am

Just a reminder that the first ACES HIGH CLUB meeting is scheduled for tomorrow at Showplace Family Entertainment Center in Newburgh at 7:00 PM. Food and Beverages will be available for purchase.
All are welcome!

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Tue May 22, 2018 8:33 am

Wish I could be there tomorrow but live to far out to town to go. At some point I may take a day off to come and just show my support. Wish a teleconference phone could be set up.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Thu May 24, 2018 8:50 am

How did the meeting go?

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Thu May 24, 2018 9:34 am

letsgoAces wrote:How did the meeting go?

Good. Here is a recap of what we discussed.

We will have a section at the Ford Center. Section 114. It will not be exclusive, but it will be known as the enthusiastic section. Not only will we originate chants and cheers from this section, it will also be a welcoming area for people who would like to come to the games, but can't find anyone to come with.

We will have theme nights-custom t-shirts, etc. For example, we may decide to all wear purple shirts on one game, orange another, etc.

We will attempt one, if not two bus trips during the non-conference season. Xavier on Saturday, Nov 10, and possibly Illinois on Thursday, Nov 8. Costs and details to come. We will also put together group seating at Murray. Murray is a weeknight game, so I doubt we could fill a bus, but many of us can drive down. Once the conference schedule is complete, will look into additional ones, such as Carbondale, Terre Haute and maybe Valpo and or Loyola.

We will have scheduled watch parties to gather and watch certain away games. These will be at local restaurants that are not age restrictive.

We are attempting to have a gathering during the summer that will include the coaching staff. This will be something like a private bowling party.

Sarah Solinsky, Associate AD, gave a presentation on NCAA compliance, do's and don'ts for supporting/booster groups. Like we keep repeating, this is a casual fan group for fellowship and improving the atmosphere at games. We will have no involvement with recruits or generating money.

If anyone has not joined the facebook group, please do so. Also, we compiled an initial e-mail list to send out information. If you would like to be included in this, PM me your email address and name, and I will make sure you get added. Remember, all Aces fans are welcome, and there are no membership costs. Obviously, bus trips, t-shirts, etc will have actual costs involved, but membership is free.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:24 pm

Sounds Great,Hopefully on theme night's the whole arena could get involved.

Return to “The Aces”