Postby stl scooter » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Count me in
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Re: Booster Club

Postby sect.3purple » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:16 pm

I welcome the enthusiasm from real live people who are willing to work toward creating an energetic, supportive base of fans at our UE basketball games....that base can be the catalyst for getting thousands of people up off their feet and cheering. Roberts rocked and helped the ACES win games. The FC can rock, too..and be a factor in winning games.

As a former member of Crazy Man's section years ago, high in the bleachers at Roberts, we were loud and Crazy Man was crazy. You need a leader, a leader fanatic enough to lead at games. Many people want to participate, but aren't brave enough to take the lead. Just being in a group of crazy fans who want to truly "be a part of the game" instead of just a spectator, is so exciting....and I believe Evansville is at the right time to return to that sort of fan identity. Just think how one man's involvement turned an entire section, and then an entire stadium into a pit.

I think the broader ideas for community involvement are great, too. So many Purple Aces supportive factors begin here....bus trips, game-viewing locales, school-age attendance, participation in the dance team's routines or guest guitarist. drummer, etc. to rock the FC...so much available out there in a city/community as crazy about basketball as Evansville is.

To the organizers of the booster club....I will help in any way that I can. Looking forward to what is ahead for Aces basketball.

wildbill
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1975

Postby wildbill » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:11 pm

I would be interested in joining a booster club. I will follow your thread for updates.
:x The Boys Are Coming Back :lol:

211N-69
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 211N-69 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:29 pm

Among thoughts for upgrading attendance, mainly I have no real way to evaluate what they do or how they do it. Ford Center, if I recall correctly, is downtown -- not conveniently located for students to attend. Even so, you should probably get no more than around 300-400 of them on a good night. Here in Valpo, the ARC is right on campus and the student attendance is pretty much no more than that.

I do see a smattering of advice about reduced ticket prices up in the crow's nest. It's important to not undervalue the ticket by essentially giving it away. It puts butts in the bleachers but the MVC will likely not be amenable to that sort of marketing strategy. You may say, so what it's not their team -- but a principle of such economics is to set a price that's consistent with what you'd pay for it elsewhere. Free or dollar-size tickets ... I'd do that maybe for the 6th grade teams from the West side, but not for anyone who can afford a ticket.

That doesn't mean you can't have some gimmicks.

It is also important to know that not everyone shares the zeal for men's basketball like they once did. Sometimes the noise is too much, the music is too hip-hoppy ... you name it. Trying to appeal to a younger audience can drive away an older one. But playing old Motown isn't the answer either.

Winning always matters but beating Alcorn State or Georgia A&M is what's killing the program. The AD meets to make the phone calls and get some teams into town. Going 8-0 against schools nobody ever heard of is not a recipe for success. I watch those games on ESPN3 but they are dreadfully uninspiring.

Aces should be playing Ky. Wesleyan, and I don't care if they are D2. If you are gonna win anyway, why play these teams that you can't even locate on a GPS app.

NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1992

Postby NumbersDontLie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:00 am

I’ll join The McCarty Party.

fg4ster
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1986

Postby fg4ster » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 pm

NumbersDontLie wrote:I’ll join The McCarty Party.

Sign me up no matter what. But I'll bring five friends and a week's pay if (a) McCarty becomes head coach and (b) "The McCarty Party" is the official name of the club.

acefan1963
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1963

Postby acefan1963 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:32 pm

UE facebook stated

In the 20 minutes following the announcement of UE men’s basketball head coach Walter McCarty, the UE Ticket Office received 21 season ticket deposits! Have you made a deposit to secure your 2018-19 season tickets? Text "Tickets" to 812-488-2237 to place your deposit now! #AcesAces

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:10 pm

Where are the latex guys right now They need an intro to Walter on video
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

acefan
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1962

Postby acefan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:40 am

Hmmm......not any discussion about a Booster Club here in the past couple weeks. Makes me wonder what the level of interest really is in a Booster Club. Thoughts?????

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:42 am

There are some things in the works. Look for more information the week of April 16th. In the meantime, feel free to join the facebook group if you haven't already.
Last edited by E-Villan on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Aces”