Players Leaving

Discussions of all the Aces sports
scottpt99
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1987

Players Leaving

Postby scottpt99 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Per Jeff Goodman of ESPN Taylor is exploring possibilities and is eligible for Grad transfer.

Who else will be leaving?

83Ace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1968

Re: Players Leaving

Postby 83Ace » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Not surprising, as a Taylor can go anywhere without sitting out. He also could have done that if Marty stayed. And don’t forget that he has transferred before. But talk of transferring is pretty standard with a coaching change - players want to see who the new coach will be.

kyace1
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1983

Postby kyace1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:24 pm

RT has the skills to avg 22 in MVC - no shot at a P5. Athleticism will shut him down & other scorers will want theirs. Plus his defense would get exposed. His best chance at next level and NCAA Tourney would be to transfer to a smaller conference powerhouse - a Murray State or Davidson - who needs a shooting guard. If we get a solid coach who brings a couple of recruits, next year could be good. I really hope he stays at UE- but completely understand if He does not.

Atlanta Ace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Atlanta Ace » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 pm

As an Aces fan, all I can really do is hope the players stay. If any one leaves, I wish them well. It's time to move on.

Go Aces!
Let's get this McCarty Party started.

svmar10
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby svmar10 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:29 pm

What's the purpose of this blather? Somebody Heard that somebody said blah, blah, blah. Then comes the oh well, he's not that good anyway BS.
I've seen and watched Ryan off the court and I can tell you this, he's a quiet, respectful, stand up guy. I've seen him go up in the stands to hug fans. Stays or elects to finish up somewhere else He's exactly the type of human we want as an Ace. So how about giving it a break?

Purp
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1974

Postby Purp » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 pm

kyace1
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1983

Postby kyace1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 pm

svmar10 wrote:What's the purpose of this blather? Somebody Heard that somebody said blah, blah, blah. Then comes the oh well, he's not that good anyway BS.
I've seen and watched Ryan off the court and I can tell you this, he's a quiet, respectful, stand up guy. I've seen him go up in the stands to hug fans. Stays or elects to finish up somewhere else He's exactly the type of human we want as an Ace. So how about giving it a break?

I think he is a great kid!! I haven’t read anything on this thread that would say otherwise. But I hope he makes a good decision that will help his pro chances. I hope that he is staying, but IMHO if he leaves - his best chance to shine is at a mid major.

scottpt99
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1987

Postby scottpt99 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:27 pm

Anybody know what his major is and what he would go to Grad school for? It has to be something we don't offer, correct? That may eliminate a few schools

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby sect.3purple » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 am

Certainly hope he remains an ACE....hopefully he will wait to make a decision when the new coach is hired. Here Taylor will surely be a prominent player and will have a lot of eyes on him. Hopefully the team will be successful and enjoy post-season play (yes, I am that optimistic), and Taylor would be looked at for pro play.....I think his chances for that would be just as good here as they would be entering a power school for only one year, especially if that school already has top players on the roster.

Hope you stay an ACE, Ryan!

GA Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1986

Postby GA Ace » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:11 am

Purp wrote:https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2018/03/15/ryan-taylor-explore-other-options-after-two-seasons-evansville/430780002/

Did I read that right, IU and UCLA have already inquired? It will be easy to find a grad program that UE doesn't offer at those schools and the other P5 programs that will likely be interested. Steve Alford is on the hot seat and the interest from UCLA could go away if Alford is canned. Alford's buyout is over $5 million but UCLA can come up with that type of dough. UCLA lost Tuesday and Alford hasn't been canned yet but it's something to look out for. IU is still in a rebuilding mode with Archie Miller. RT0 would be a role player, not a go-to-guy at IU. That would be greater exposure for him to professional scouts as it was for Nick Zeisloft who transferred into IU from IL State. Zeisloft played in the NBA D League last year and is now in the top Lithuanian league along with Egidijus Mockevicius. If five star recruit Romeo Langford from New Albany goes to IU, it will be the Romeo show all year in a rare one and done at IU. Saying all this, I hope Ryan makes the best choice for his future.

Return to “The Aces”