New recruit signings

Discussions of all the Aces sports
pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Re: New recruit signings

Postby pafan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:34 pm

It's part of the "sportsmanship" dance that most coaches do. You find something to complement your opponents about, whether or not the complement is genuine.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:52 pm

pafan wrote:It's part of the "sportsmanship" dance that most coaches do. You find something to complement your opponents about, whether or not the complement is genuine.

Yes, that is true. I think every one of our past post game talks began with "they are very well coached, they play hard" on and on and on.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 pm

acecard wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:
acecard wrote:Love it when a plan comes together. I think we are going to have at least 50-50 chance to stay out of the play in game. These three recruits look darn good. Now we need that big guy in the middle to really be a force next year.

Not so fast. I follow the Aces diligently but I don't fully know the abilities under pressure of the recruits we have. I know next to nothing about the new recruits of the other nine MVC teams but you can bet that they all come with glowing press releases about how they led their high school teams to success. The earliest anyone can assess our chances of a play-in game will be around February 1st.

I said we have a 50-50 chance of missing the play in game. That assumes that we also have a 50% chance of being a Thursday team. Of course nobody knows how good we will be at this point.

If we have a 50-50 chance of being in the bottom four, we must have a 50-50 chance of being in the top four. So that means we have no chance of finishing in 5th or 6th. We spend all that time trying to land great recruits and it all comes down to a coin flip. Marty must be the worst coin flipper of all time. :lol:

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:30 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
acecard wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:
Not so fast. I follow the Aces diligently but I don't fully know the abilities under pressure of the recruits we have. I know next to nothing about the new recruits of the other nine MVC teams but you can bet that they all come with glowing press releases about how they led their high school teams to success. The earliest anyone can assess our chances of a play-in game will be around February 1st.

I said we have a 50-50 chance of missing the play in game. That assumes that we also have a 50% chance of being a Thursday team. Of course nobody knows how good we will be at this point.

If we have a 50-50 chance of being in the bottom four, we must have a 50-50 chance of being in the top four. So that means we have no chance of finishing in 5th or 6th. We spend all that time trying to land great recruits and it all comes down to a coin flip. Marty must be the worst coin flipper of all time. :lol:

All of this advanced math is giving me a headache. :D

211N-69
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 211N-69 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Dunno about the top 4 or the bottom 4 but the adage is you can't give away the home court. It helps to go 9-0 at home and play decent ball on the road. You won't go 9-0 but it's a nice objective. If you win 7 at home and 4 or 5 on the road, you WILL miss that PIG.

Purplewarrior
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1976

Postby Purplewarrior » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:09 pm

Bottom line is as a school and community. We have establish home court advantage again and be competetive on the road.

Aces22
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1986

Postby Aces22 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Shamar Samuels-Givance, a 5' 10 PG from Toronto has committed to the Aces today.

ncace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Tue May 01, 2018 3:56 pm

If I read the info correctly, Shamar has a teammate on First Love Adademy, Chris Efretuei, 7-0, who visited Georgetown last spring, is a senior with a few D1 offers, but is currently undecided. I may have some of this wrong, but maybe we have a package opportunity?

acefan
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1962

Postby acefan » Tue May 01, 2018 4:03 pm

ncace wrote:If I read the info correctly, Shamar has a teammate on First Love Adademy, Chris Efretuei, 7-0, who visited Georgetown last spring, is a senior with a few D1 offers, but is currently undecided. I may have some of this wrong, but maybe we have a package opportunity?

Klinky started a thread on Chris Efretuei last February. His post back then indicate the prior coaching staff had offered him.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Tue May 01, 2018 4:18 pm

Gee a point guard who can shoot jump shots and 3-pointers. Who would have thunk.

Return to “The Aces”