Non Conference Schedule Released!

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Re: Non Conference Schedule Released!

Postby Austin Ace » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:47 pm

I see on the non-conference schedule it shows us playing Kentucky Wesleyan on November 15th. I had not seen that before. So this must be a regular season game and not an exhibition game (judging by the date). Glad to see some rivalry games coming back but this would be another D2 team on the regular season schedule.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Taken as a whole, I don't think that the Non Con schedule is bad at all. We only have the KWC, and Albion games as non D1's, and you will not find many Valley teams that don't have that many non D1's on their schedule. I think Walter, and his staff, did a great job considering the amount of time they were given to put together what I consider to be a pretty good non con schedule. The Illinois, and Xavier, games are outstanding, and if we can at least be competitive in them, will be a great start to what should be a very exciting season of Aces basketball. Win, or lose, I think we are going to like what we see this year.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:52 pm

I completely agree, it's the best schedule we've played in a long time, no question. All of the Marty schedules would just have too many home cupcake games which gave us a cheap win and lowered our RPI. He did have some better schedules when we first started but it really went to pot the last 5 years or so. I'm certainly looking forward to November!
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Ready for HOOPFEST!!!!!
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

Return to “The Aces”