Sunday Fun

Discussions of all the Aces sports
purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1984

Re: Sunday Fun

Postby purpleredbird » Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pm

Tom Servo wrote:Purpleredbird, we were actually at the Carmichael game when he hit that shot...long drive back to E-ville after that one....only time we've been to ISU

I learned a great lesson from that game....that the game is not over until the final buzzer. I was crowing to all my friends around us that my Aces had finally won at ISU. 2.8 seconds later I was catching a lot of cr@p. :D :D :D :D

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Mon May 21, 2018 1:21 pm

purpleredbird wrote:
Tom Servo wrote:Purpleredbird, we were actually at the Carmichael game when he hit that shot...long drive back to E-ville after that one....only time we've been to ISU

I learned a great lesson from that game....that the game is not over until the final buzzer. I was crowing to all my friends around us that my Aces had finally won at ISU. 2.8 seconds later I was catching a lot of cr@p. :D :D :D :D

LOL...that's always the way it goes haha
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

AceMatt
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1988

Postby AceMatt » Mon May 21, 2018 4:28 pm

A little bit lower profile than some of the others, but does anybody remember this one.
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1994/01/22 ... 759214800/

It was very rare that an MCC team was ranked in that time period. Crowd was wild, X had no chance that night with all the energy from the crowd.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Mon May 21, 2018 4:45 pm

AceMatt wrote:A little bit lower profile than some of the others, but does anybody remember this one.
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1994/01/22 ... 759214800/

It was very rare that an MCC team was ranked in that time period. Crowd was wild, X had no chance that night with all the energy from the crowd.

We have that game on tape, the Aces just blitzed them in the 2nd half. If I remember correctly, it was really close at halftime and in the 2nd half it was a complete blowout.

Don't have that many games from that season, but pretty sure Kell was hurt a lot that year or that team would have been much better. I know in the tape Mike Blake and Dean Webster were commenting on his back and how he had already missed some games. The following season he was hurt all year, played some but wasn't the same.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

Return to “The Aces”