Team Coverage

Discussions of all the Aces sports
rpyke
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 2003

Re: Team Coverage

Postby rpyke » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:56 am

muni cup14 wrote:I've been told that Evan has blossomed in WM new system.Been pulling up on the fast break,hitting a lot of 3's and has lost around 20 pounds

Great news. The only concern I had with Evan was his ability to get up and down the floor with the faster tempo we're going to have. But if that's washed away he, Noah and Shea are going to have fun in transition letting them fly.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:08 pm

That is great news and I am not surprised. I had figured he would be one of the guys who could really shine in a system like that. WIll Becker is another one who should shine in it.

I think Frederking will look much better in it too, given the freedom to showcase more of his playmaking skill. Saw flashes of it last year.

I've heard some good things about Givance who, to me, is a huge key to the season.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

acesfan65
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1975

Postby acesfan65 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Now see those last few posts got my blood pumping, got me excited, I'm freakin ready for this!

We appear to have several guys who can pull up for three, we are not going to shoot the fewest threes in all of college basketball, probably in all basketball period. I believe we have guys who can hit a high percentage of them too. Once you got them worried about you hitting another three, then Hall or Williams should be open slipping down the seam for a monster slam.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:47 pm

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:49 pm

I couldn’t disagree more with thes “experts”evaluation of this team. I think they will win more than they lose.
If anyone wants to see how to stop RT watch the tournament game against UNI . One dementional. I was glad he was an Ace . Not very upset he left.
I was Probably more upset that Javion left.
Would have liked to hold onto to Jamaru.
Dru would have flourished in the new system but I think we can cover his loss.

Ready for some ball!! Go Aces!!

svmar10
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby svmar10 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:08 pm

I abso-friggin-lutley can not wait for this season to start!!! A big, smiling, glimmer of hope, with low expectations, guaranteeing only one thing! No more same-old, same-old. Take a shot Walter, Lose, win, learn, grow, adjust.... repeat. Last place this year, Fine! At least we'll have the most imposing Coach! Also, (Where can I bet on this last place thing?)

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:29 pm

Austin Ace wrote:Here's what the preseason college basketball mags are saying about UE, former SIAC standouts

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2018/09/25/college-basketball-mags-low-ue-high-former-siac-standouts/1421227002/

I can clearly see how "the experts" pick us to finish 9th or 10th. It's common sense based on who we lost, who is coming back, first year/rookie coach and the history of where we have finished with even more talent back from previous years. Remember, the Aces have done nothing that begins with an N in post season since the turn of the century so we don't deserve any love from the so called experts.

We know several things for sure:
1. We will see more fans (based on season ticket sales) and the excitement surrounding all the changes.
2. We will have more interest in the program due to all the changes. Many new players, entirely new coaching staff, scheduling better competition and so on.
3. No more same ole, same ole with a new offensive and defensive game plan and up-tempo style, a lot more exciting style, win or lose.

We may finish 5th, 8th, 10th or who knows this year..we know for sure it will be a fun ride with a fine coaching staff. We have nothing to lose, everything to gain and build on for 2019/2020 and beyond.

It's going to be a fun ride. I am on board.

ncace
Road Tripper

Postby ncace » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:56 am

Low expectations by media are better than a rosy prediction. By Xmas, we'll know what we have. With a true point, or if Dru had stayed, we could realistically be low middle of MVC, but that didn't happen. We need a legit "big" and a true PG. UE will sneak out 2-3 surprises and will also drop a couple by 25.

I hope the student body takes the team on as a spirit project. They can be our 6th man with a sustained effort and consistent attendance. Prez P's support will be HUGE.. He's in a position to really lead, and I think he knows the importance of D1 athletics for the reputation of a university.

I floated the idea of free/$2-3 tickets for the NM Highlands and Albion games a couple of months ago, and I still think we need to consider ANYTHING we can to fill Ford for home contests. If a couple of additional corp. sponsors would subsidize the exhibitions, then we follow up with a 5 for $25 non-conf. Promo and a 5 for $25 conf. Package, it would be a definite plus. The packages could be limited to the first 1000, 1500, whatever, or might not be limited at all. Don't inc. ISUr, SIU, or Loyola? Or maybe you do? Doesn't matter.....FILL UP FORD!! Make every home game a party. Have QUALITY, half-time stuff.

Make UE a fun place for a spectator, and a tough place for a visiting team.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 am

I have no problem with the Aces being picked for last...makes me smile actually. There is no reason for the media to pick us anywhere else. If I am Coach McCarty I take those predictions and paste them in the locker room for all the players to see. This is a year of transition where the coaching staff is laying a foundation for success for years to come....anything this year will be a bonus. Here is hoping the Aces may surprise us a little earlier than we expected.

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:47 am

ncace wrote:…….I hope the student body takes the team on as a spirit project. They can be our 6th man with a sustained effort and consistent attendance. Prez P's support will be HUGE.. He's in a position to really lead, and I think he knows the importance of D1 athletics for the reputation of a university...….

.....FILL UP FORD!! Make every home game a party. Have QUALITY, half-time stuff.....

….Make UE a fun place for a spectator, and a tough place for a visiting team......

Will be interesting to see what the community and students numbers are on October 17.
I'll be in town & 5PM on that day, know where I'll be at,

go aces
I'm on board!
:shockue: :shockue: :shockue: :shockue: :shockue: :shockue:

Return to “The Aces”