SI_Acesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1967

Re: Aces Insider

Postby SI_Acesfan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:47 pm

"KJ taking outside shooting practice and
Knocking them down!"

First thing that I noticed as well.

Then watched it again, Marty Hill listed as a Senior.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:12 pm

I asked if Hill had requested and been granted a medical redshirt for last year. The rule is pretty cut and dry on medical redshirts.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:10 pm

Ad1770 wrote:I asked if Hill had requested and been granted a medical redshirt for last year. The rule is pretty cut and dry on medical redshirts.

And.........?

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:41 am

KJ, Noah and John Hall looked really good.
Marty Hill looked ok as well.
Not much video on Evan to make any judgment.
I wonder if Dainius is visiting family overseas during the break.

Really good to see KJ hitting the outside jumper. If he can do that, he has a chance of cracking the starting five in this uptempo offense.

Go Aces!!!

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner

Postby Ad1770 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:33 am

mybigpurplebrain wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:I asked if Hill had requested and been granted a medical redshirt for last year. The rule is pretty cut and dry on medical redshirts.

And.........?

Here is the rule.

Medical Hardship Requirements

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.
All of these must be proven with documentation. That means medical documentation to prove the injury and that it was season-ending and participation information to show that the student-athlete did not play in too many contests.

Did he meet all of these requirements?
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

acesfan65
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1975

Postby acesfan65 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:04 am

the grin on John Hall's face says it all, Noah seemed to be pretty happy too. Come on november!

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner

Postby Ad1770 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:21 am

Ad1770 wrote:
mybigpurplebrain wrote:

And.........?

Here is the rule.

Medical Hardship Requirements

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.
All of these must be proven with documentation. That means medical documentation to prove the injury and that it was season-ending and participation information to show that the student-athlete did not play in too many contests.

Did he meet all of these requirements?

Bummer news guys. By my calculations, Marty Hill did not qualify for a medical redshirt and is going to be a senior this year. Here is why:

30% of 32 games is 9.6 games which means that to be eligible, he could only play in 9 games last season. And while he did only play in 9 games, there is a glaring hole in his stats. The first game against Loyola, meaning, he played 8, had one off, and played one before the injury, meaning that he “played” in 10 games instead of 9, this pushing him over the 9.6 game threshold to be eligible for the redshirt season, since being held out as a precaution or being a “healthy scratch” counts against games played.

This was what always irked me about the non announcements on injuries that was in place under Coach Simmons. I had no problem with the way Solomon’s injury was handled (unspecified injury with no time table for a return) compared to everyone else where we all were guessing if they were hurt or not.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:57 am

Ad1770 wrote:
Bummer news guys. By my calculations, Marty Hill did not qualify for a medical redshirt and is going to be a senior this year. Here is why:

30% of 32 games is 9.6 games which means that to be eligible, he could only play in 9 games last season. And while he did only play in 9 games, there is a glaring hole in his stats. The first game against Loyola, meaning, he played 8, had one off, and played one before the injury, meaning that he “played” in 10 games instead of 9, this pushing him over the 9.6 game threshold to be eligible for the redshirt season, since being held out as a precaution or being a “healthy scratch” counts against games played.

I went through the schedule game by game (gopurpleaces stats). Hill played 6 D1 games and Oakland City and Midway. His last game he played was SIU on Jan 3. He is shown on the box score for the Jan 6 Bradley game with 0 minutes played. He does not show up entering the game on the play by play stats. So, I see 8 games played and eligible. What games do we disagree on?

Return to “The Aces”