Old Tennis Courts

Discussions of all the Aces sports
NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1992

Re: Old Tennis Courts

Postby NumbersDontLie » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 am

David Goldenberg wrote:The intent for that space is to be the future expansion of Carson Center to accommodate a new student fitness center. This will be happening sooner rather than later. Tennis courts will be relocated to be adjacent to physical plant between S Frederick and S Weinbach butted up against the Lloyd Expwy. There are 9 residential homes there now which I believe UE owns most of at this time.

Here is a previous master plan: https://www.evansville.edu/offices/pres ... vision.pdf

Those plans (Sept 2013) are outdated and that President is no longer around. The downtown site for the medical campus was selected April 2014, which is where some of the programs mentioned in that plan will now be housed.

A student fitness center is greatly needed. So hopefully that is what is next on the docket as far as facilities are concerned.

You are right about Weinbach though. There is a growing sentiment that the first impression offered turning off the Lloyd onto S Weinbach isn’t the best. Tennis courts there would be an improvement for sure. Can’t wait to see President P’s plan.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:18 pm

The student wellness center on those 2013 plans was an estimated $15-20 million cost.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:46 pm

muni cup14 wrote:I know this is off beat as far as athletics goes.But does anyone have any clue when UE will tear up the old Tennis Courts.Its a disgrace and shamefull on the looks.Turm it to a parking lot or a picnic area for the students. :x But,please do something with them

I saw the tennis courts tonight. The fence was rusty in spots and there was some cracks in the courts but nothing to call them disgraceful and shameful.

HashtagAce
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 2014

Postby HashtagAce » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 pm

The tennis courts are good as gone - pretty soon. I'm sure the footprint will be put to good use for new construction at some point.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:07 am

In a email from the AD,the tennis courts fall under the University,not the Athletic Dept.
Plans are for this year to be demolished.and make them into a park lkke setting for the students.
Those are the immediats plans

Return to “The Aces”