NCAA Attendance Figures

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Re: NCAA Attendance Figures

Postby Austin Ace » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:52 am

svmar10 wrote:The Ford Center is like a "Swiss army knife", There has been afternoon OT basketball games go long, but Hockey was still played at 07:15.
Going into year 7, they haven't missed yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7la3E9cVhe8

Quite impressive to say the least. It looks like it took 10 hours to convert from the monster jam to the basketball game and roughly 3 hours to convert from basketball to hockey. That is a tight timeline, but they do seem to have it down to a science. I’m sure it employs a lot of people - which is good and bad (from an expense management point of view). Sooner or later something will go wrong and cause delays. For now, it appears that they have the process down.

wildbill
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1975

Postby wildbill » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:13 pm

I wouldn't be upset if they got rid of hockey. I don't personally care for it, but there are those who do. I just think having D1 program, it should take preference to some two-bit non-affiliated hockey match. Same goes for the Otters-they serve a purpose. But we sure messed up not bringing in that class a team when we had the chance. Go Aces, ready to take that road trip to Champaign.

ncace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:01 pm

We'll earn our way back to the top of the Ford Center events calendar. I'm glad Eville has the diversity. It's good to see Bosse Field being utilized, and I look forward to the day when we need to routinely open the upper level of Ford for the ACES!!

GA Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1986

Postby GA Ace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:21 am

ncace wrote:We'll earn our way back to the top of the Ford Center events calendar. I'm glad Eville has the diversity. It's good to see Bosse Field being utilized, and I look forward to the day when we need to routinely open the upper level of Ford for the ACES!!

It would be great to see the upper level of the Ford opened, that would mean the lower deck would be at or near capacity. Fans spread out in all lower bowl sections would look much better than numerous totally empty sections and should give the Ford Center a true home court advantage for the Aces. Hard to believe that before the McCarty hire many posters here (myself included) were talking about a smaller stadium on campus due to the declining numbers of fans attending UE games over the last 11+ years. Now the large Ford Center is justified as a local coach with no previous ties to UE will bring in the Evansville community, many or most with no affiliation to the university. Looking at the season ticket information at gopurpleaces.com, tickets are being sold for all lower bowl sections except for the sections behind the student section. When the $100 season tickets were announced for the upcoming season, only section 102 was available for purchase. Now with the excitement of the new coaching staff and direction of the program, sections 101, 121, and 120 are open. Get rid of the Baseline Landing or move it somewhere. Maybe it was justified to have a bar so close to a Division I basketball game for Martyball but hopefully not anymore. The Aces could generate more revenue from ticket prices (and Purple Ace$ Club Contribution fee$) if additional riser seats are added. No reason why UE can't lead the MVC in attendance next year, unless they lose a lot of games and people lose interest.

https://gopurpleaces.com/sports/2015/6/ ... 53403.aspx

Return to “The Aces”