NCAA Attendance Figures

Discussions of all the Aces sports
E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Re: NCAA Attendance Figures

Postby E-Villan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:09 pm

bikerace wrote:i believe we can thank Hockey for us not having Saturday night game's, i believe Saturday night games would boost tickets 700 to a 1000 per games played. family's with kids have ball games and other kid activity's during the day.

The hockey team only plays half its games at home. There are a lot of Saturday nights the team is out of town.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:28 pm

letsgoAces wrote:
Austin Ace wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:

Not doubting you but curious why you think that Missouri State’s attendance will jump. Are they supposed to be really good?

MO - State, like Evansville, made a much needed coaching change. Dana Ford is a former assistant to Greg Marshall has created a lot of excitement in Sprinfield. They have a solid fan base.

They spent a lot of years looking at an under performing team under Lusk. I think their excitement this year will equal that of the Aces.

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 pm

I'm thinking the media, especially the ESPN hook up, dictates game days and tip times.

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:28 pm

The T'Bolts announced their schedule earlier this week. They have Saturday night games conflicting with the Aces on November 17, December 1, and December 15. Pencil 1pm starts for the Aces on those days, I guess.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:04 pm

I’m a fan of afternoon games . So here we go.

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:59 pm

So.....on 11/17, The ACES will host The Maui mainland double bill.
The FC, will reconfig, for The T'bolts night time match.
Then revert back to basketball, for the two games on 11/18.
Piss poor planning, to me.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:18 am

COUTEAU wrote:So.....on 11/17, The ACES will host The Maui mainland double bill.

My glass is half full. Preparing the Ford Center for events requires the labor of men and women who are trying to put food on the table. The Ford Center is more of a job creator and an entertainment creator than was hockey-free Roberts Stadium. Moreover, no hockey or basketball fans will be required to help with the changeover. It's like magic. I also believe that scheduling games is much much harder than any of us realize so I will be the last to complain.

stennisrm72
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1964

Postby stennisrm72 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:14 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
COUTEAU wrote:So.....on 11/17, The ACES will host The Maui mainland double bill.

My glass is half full. Preparing the Ford Center for events requires the labor of men and women who are trying to put food on the table. The Ford Center is more of a job creator and an entertainment creator than was hockey-free Roberts Stadium. Moreover, no hockey or basketball fans will be required to help with the changeover. It's like magic. I also believe that scheduling games is much much harder than any of us realize so I will be the last to complain.

VenuWorks owns the Thunderbolts so I'd guess the hockey team wins out on preferences. Their fan draw hasn't been any better than our Aces. We have to make the choice more obvious for them by increasing our attendance significantly. Hopefully that, and the death of professional hockey in this town does the trick.

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:52 pm

In a previous life, I was involved in F&B, for many years.
One held position was "Director of Catering & Banquets" at a recognizable hotel in St Louis.
One thing you NEVER did (in the grand hall) after a multiple day event was already in the Que, was to book something in the middle of it.
Setting the room, run the event, clearing, resetting the room, event, clearing it again, and reset the room, again for the original event.
Never double book a room, not like an airline, where they over sale almost every seat on every fight.
Even though we were a multi-million dollar property, I'm sure The FC's budget may be larger and labor cost may be of no real consequence.
But, it's those intangibles, I always had to be
thinking about and be aware of.
All kinds of shit can go wrong, when you're pinched for time.
Another reason I thought to comment, "piss poor planning"....
If The NCAA or another tournament is looking at The FC, for a future event.
I'm thinking, "WTF, my vendors are being moved, their stuff is exposed, my banners or advertising?....Will it all be properly returned to same location?
Is my stuff secured?
The floor?.....being exposed to room temps then covered, does that increase seepage and slick spots? Possible injuries?
If a TV contract?
What happens if The FC can't be turned around in time?
I just don't think it's a good idea to sandwich in a hockey game between a pair of UE hosted double headers.
But, that's just me.
Forgive me.....It's July & the tourist are starting to work the nerves, so I vent in here...

svmar10
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby svmar10 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:33 am

The Ford Center is like a "Swiss army knife", There has been afternoon OT basketball games go long, but Hockey was still played at 07:15.
Going into year 7, they haven't missed yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7la3E9cVhe8

Return to “The Aces”