The news. All my questions answered

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

The news. All my questions answered

Postby Ad1770 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:01 pm

Straight from coach’s mouth, all of my questions were answered this evening. To give a heads up, I have asked all of these multiple times on here. Now, I will share with you guys.

1. Marty Hill was not granted a medical redshirt for last season, even after an appeal was filed. He will be a senior for the upcoming season (which I personally hate seeing.)

2. Offense will not be predicated on defense, so no pressing zone looks as of now as it was late in the game for conditioning. He did say that he is hopeful that in the future that he will be able to bring it in.

Personal thoughts. The caravan was very nice this evening. Every story told and just to be able to spend time and just chat about basketball with coach was great. I would say that if you haven’t had a chance to go to one, try to make the time to attend. You won’t regret it. My girlfriend did not realize who he was until she started looking through all his info (she is a huge UK fan). Needless to say, she hasn’t been quiet about it since we left. Lol.

A very classy man, a stand up guy, and a special person is what we have in Walter McCarty. I hope to attend another one or two of the sessions, and maybe I might see a few of you there to. That said, signing out from....

“The people behind the curtain”
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Re: The news. All my questions answered

Postby Tom Servo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:09 am

Thanks for sharing, haven't been to one yet but am thinking about trying to make it to one.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Got the call today to get on board!!! Hoopfest @ the Ford Not sure when .

I'M on board!!

:shockue: :shockue: .... :shockue: :shockue: .... :shockue: :shockue:
Get on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:53 am

This came from my inside source.Ryan and Dru were
leaving no matter who the coach was going to be.Including
Marty

Aces101
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces101 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:09 am

Best wishes to those two guys. I think things happen for a reason, and I’ll gladly take a trade of two seasons of Dru Smith for two seasons of Sam Cunliffe. The risk vs reward may be a little higher for Sam, but his potential and talent ceiling is off the charts. Just think of the talent he’s practiced against daily and the coaching he’s received at both Arizona State (Hurley) and Kansas (Self) and how that has prepared him for life in the MVC.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:32 am

6th man wrote:Got the call today to get on board!!! Hoopfest @ the Ford Not sure when .

I'M on board!!

If this is true, then it's one of the best things that the Aces could do to get the most fans able to see them before the season starts. They could get 3-4,000 at the Ford, maybe more. A great way to start what we hope will be a most exciting season.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:26 pm

acecard wrote:
6th man wrote:Got the call today to get on board!!! Hoopfest @ the Ford Not sure when .

I'M on board!!

If this is true, then it's one of the best things that the Aces could do to get the most fans able to see them before the season starts. They could get 3-4,000 at the Ford, maybe more. A great way to start what we hope will be a most exciting season.

Per the Athletics department, they called for me to select my seats. They hadn't nailed the date down , I asked if it was @ the Meeks or the Ford. they confirmed the Ford.

:shockue: :shockue: .... :shockue: :shockue:,,,, :shockue: :shockue:
Get on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

Return to “The Aces”